F1 » Top Gear in hot water over burkas – again

Cult BBC motoring show Top Gear's decision to dress Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond in burkas during the Middle Eastern special on Boxing Day has led to rather a fall-out...

popcorn - Unregistered

January 04, 2011 6:03 PM

sad sad people getting upset a what was obviously a joke.when all of you lot out there suddenly realise there is no God/Buddha/Allah/prophets/divine being we will all be able to get on with our lives and live in peace.religion has killed more people than all the wars ever fought,get a life without a crutch to lean on.

Joe - Unregistered

January 04, 2011 6:19 PM

I find it highly offensive that some people are so easily offended.
Personally I love controversial television it gives a break from this PC mess we called reality.
I just hope they keep up the great work.
Thumbs up top gear.

Oli - Unregistered

January 04, 2011 6:29 PM

Most of those people "offended" by this were probably not even muslim. Just the usual PC brigade, the same ones who insist in my office that we cannot wish anyone Happy Diwali, Happy Christmas or Happy Hanukkah. Just "Seasons Greetings". Bla bla bla, usual rubbish, I am getting sick of it. Or offended by it perhaps, seeings as that is the 'in word'.

Top Gear is still crap though.

Oli

J Riggs - Unregistered

January 04, 2011 6:41 PM

Had they been visiting/traveling across Italy would it have been as gregious to have the boys come to the hospital in a nuns habit? As a Catholic I'd have laughed a bit. The fact they wore garb that is correlated with the Muslim religion it's now sacrilige. It's a petrol-head show...nothing more.

Green Monster

January 04, 2011 6:42 PM

@Mark no I said that because the first time they filmed in America they got into huge trouble, mainly to do with the guys painting 'Hilary for president, NASCAR sucks, man love is ok and country and western is rubbish' on each others cars, then driving through the state of Alabama.

To make another episode in the U.S. the producers had to make out that the show was factual instead of entertainment.

That's why I said it :)

andrew.

January 04, 2011 7:09 PM

I didn't see the show in question, but I'm guessing that this is being blown out of all proportion.

So what if they wore burkas? Does that mean if I go to Austrailia, buy a brimmed hat with corks I'm being insulting? Or lets go even further. Next time I'm on a building site, I won't ware my hard hat. The Health and Safety executive will then issue me with a fine but I'll say that I didn't want to insult builders so I didn't ware my hard hat and it'l be OK. What a crock!

However, I see that the person who made the comment is an "extremist" so I guess they are taking this way too seriously. Some people have far too much time on their hands.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »