F1 » Webber: In the end, you're on your own

Mark Webber has admitted that healthy respect for opponents, rather than friendship, is the key to success in F1.

Manxie - Unregistered

January 11, 2011 7:42 AM

MW sure does talk a lot off track. By go$, get on with it will ya and stop looking for sympathy.

There is no other F1 driver (except LH) who talks sooo much to the media.

I guess some of us readers like this kind of thing... :)

DontTalkShite

January 11, 2011 11:24 AM

@commodore, what are you on about? I completely disagree. Show me the current media articles stating this! As for Manxie, GET A GRIP! F1 is driven by personalities.And show me where he wants sympathy. Webber is a straight up driver!

Manxie - Unregistered

January 11, 2011 11:42 AM

DTS - get a grip???

Anyway, do i expect to be 'friends' with my work colleagues? NO!
Webber talks too much - period!

I never said he is not a straight up driver! not sure how this corresponds to my previous statement?

How many articles have there been, especially towards the end of the F1 season, about him gobbing off about his team, Seb's team, RBR, other drivers blablahblah

I guess him and LH have a competition as to who gets into the media the most, which currently, MW is winning - hands down. :)

CommodoreS

January 11, 2011 12:01 PM

@DTS

Mate i don't absolutely agree with what is being said.

Have a look at Big Pond Sport "The Lowdown" for the 7th of Jan. Their is an article there by Mic Cullen which is being repeated in other circles.

@Manxie.

Mate I think you have to realise Mark has a responsibility to the BBC for weekly interviews.

I think the high ptofile personality is nurtured from that and not Mark

Paul - Unregistered

January 11, 2011 12:04 PM

Manxie

Maybe the reason why MW and LH are constantly in the media is because they are the only ones who give interviews. Nothin wrong with being "media friendly" Where are all the interviews from the 22 other drivers on the grid? Too busy gettin suntans and drinking pina coladas i guess.

Manxie - Unregistered

January 11, 2011 12:17 PM

Paul
True, i do see other interviews from the likes of JT, NR, MS, RB, FA etc. but they pretty much keep to answering stuff concerning them and not others. Yes, it all depends on the questions asked by the journo, but i do wonder why LH and specifically MW keep talking so much about 'outside' their area of knowledge. I've posted on this previously... don't ask

CommS - i wasn't aware of MW arrangement with the beeb?! does that only apply to him or do other drivers have a similar/same agreement with the BBC???

F Fish - Unregistered

January 11, 2011 12:20 PM

Guys.Words written lie and even TV news items lie.You can edit a story around to say anything.Only believe what you actually hear and see people say by their own lips.Ha ha Then still not sure

CommodoreS

January 11, 2011 12:29 PM

@ Manxie.

I am Australian and know this. You referring to the BBC as "the beeb" should be in a better position to answer your own question.

@ F Fish.

Yep. and that is why things get tossed and turned around however I don't suppose we can expect the best from both worlds. Either we except what we hear and appreciate it or have a whinge about hearing nothing

« 1 2 3  »