F1 » Webber: In the end, you're on your own

Mark Webber has admitted that healthy respect for opponents, rather than friendship, is the key to success in F1.

F Fish - Unregistered

January 11, 2011 12:42 PM

C DoreS It would be nice if we were only to see video interviews and not written ones.With no news around at this time of year and even when there is news what often gets put on paper is often sh!t and most of us believe it.

Manxie - Unregistered

January 11, 2011 1:00 PM

CommS - me referring to the BBC as the 'beeb' makes me automatically know the relationship between MW and same?

Not sure how you come to that conclusion.
Anyway, i stick with my opinion (thankfully we are still allowed to have these) and i will respect yours also, no problem :)

CommodoreS

January 11, 2011 1:23 PM

@ F Fish.

Mate I don't know where you are visiting but the
country is in a terrible seasonal state. To-Day was really bad for Qld with worse to come. To see places like Toowoomba and Brisbane under water is soul breaking together with the loss of life and possessions.In Sydney it is hot and alike to living in the tropics

Thence you go to the opposite end of the country and find arsonists lighting bushfires in W.A. which has suffered loss of homes.

@ Manxie
People from Britain usually refer to the BBC as the beeb so I assumed you were British. There was no offence intended.To my knowledge Mark made a weekly appearance on some sports show

Manxie - Unregistered

January 11, 2011 2:12 PM

CommS - no offence taken m8, thanks for clarifying though.

I wasn't aware of Mark's arrangement though, at all.

Yeah, i'm following the catastrophy in Ozz daily... heartbreaking for sure!

spaghettieeddie - Unregistered

January 11, 2011 2:32 PM

For what its worth... I could not find anything that Mark said that I disagree with. Maybe there are some that need to have friends who are fellow drivers at the beginning of their career, which makes perfect sense, but towards the end of your career I can see myself feeling pretty much the same as Mark. Kinda has a military ring to it in that after watching some of your buddies fall "or fail" you just dont want to get to know anyone else, it becomes a burden.

Samuel - Unregistered

January 11, 2011 3:20 PM

I think he means its hard to foster friendships, because the very guy who's your chum can punt you off in the next race, or block you, or chop, or divebomb you...Or defend harshly when you need to overtake him for a point.
Remember 2008? Kubica unlapped himself idiotically infront of Lewis, giving Vettel the opportunity to pass Lewis, safe to say RK and LH arent 'friends' anymore, if even they were(they have had a historically bitter rivalry to my knowledge).
I think Lewis/Rosberg and or Sutil are close friendships....as is Vettel/Raikkonen(though the latter isnt on the grid at the moment)

« 1 2 3