F1 » Mosley legal bid 'imperils investigative journalism'

As former FIA President Max Mosley takes to the stand in the European Court of Human Rights today, media experts warn that victory for the Englishman in his bid to amend the UK's law on privacy could have far-reaching implications

James Montgomery

January 11, 2011 11:02 AM

I must admit I too agree with Mosley.

Journalists have gone too far in recent years, mainly the tabloid papers..... they invade a person's privacy at any cost and it is unfair.

Just remember why Piers Morgan got sacked and you can see why they take it too far.... put any news in just to sell papers.... regardless of the situation it will leave the subject in.

Times have changed.... in the 70's, the tabloid were brilliant, good for gossip and this is where you would idolise people... e.g. James Hunt and Barry Sheene.

*** While I disaprove with what Mosley does (allegedly or fact), it is his life after all and if he doesn't want people invading his privacy, then so be it.

Ross B. - Unregistered

January 11, 2011 11:15 AM

I very much agree with Mr. Mosley. The tabloids have taken things too far, I hope he wins and will put several of those rags out of business in due course.

jess - Unregistered

January 11, 2011 11:19 AM

Although I agree that sometimes the press went too far and that it could do a lot better, these changes or whatever you might call it will, in the end, make F1 less accessible.

mlo7 - Unregistered

January 11, 2011 11:28 AM

I have nothing against tabloid revelations that are true with clear facts given, but they need to separate the real from the fake, they can't just ban everything that has to do with someones privacy.

matt - Unregistered

January 11, 2011 11:34 AM

There's a difference between things remaining secret and not being true!
The press is there to show the secrets, to tell us the truth.

“We would see 'papers folding because they can't afford the legal costs. I hate to say it, but it would imperil investigative journalism.”

Exactly and that shouldn't happen. F1 in it's whole nowadays isn't very trasparent!

norville2 - Unregistered

January 11, 2011 12:06 PM

Not a great fan of Max but at the end of he day he is entitled to a private life just like all of us. If he want to be beaten by girlie's then that is his business,something I really do not need to know about...

Rev Leroy - Unregistered

January 11, 2011 1:57 PM

I must admit it was hilarous to learn this guy must play "nik nak paddy wak to give a dog a bone" however I have to wonder what makes these "jernalists" think they have a right to jam a mic or camera wherever they please. Conversly there once was a potus who wanted "strange" now and again....press covers for him 'cause he's "kamelot" don't ya know. We just have to understand their motives. I hope he wins.

1 2 3 4 5  »