F1 » 'Concrete evidence' in Ecclestone bribery claims

Two German publications have turned the screw on F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone in the ongoing investigation into the corruption scandal regarding the sale of the sport's commercial rights five years ago

theyank - Unregistered

January 24, 2011 7:48 PM

Andrew - where can I pick up my pitchfork and torch? What time does the parade begin? Like richard, I'm amazed that you've come to the defense of the Dark Lord!

California Kid - Unregistered

January 24, 2011 8:43 PM

Anyone ever seen the movie Inside Man? There's a part where Clive Owen is speaking to Jodi Foster and he says something like: "All bad deeds stink, you can cover them up for awhile but they eventually come to the surface." If this has substance to it, it could be Bernie's downfall.

James - Unregistered

January 24, 2011 9:51 PM

I don't miss Mosley and would be happy to see Bernie go. BTW Inside Man is a bit of a stinker itself, the bad acting by Owen and Foster must have made it hard for the camera crew to shoot that movie...(as in "bad acting stinks")

107SS2009

January 25, 2011 4:22 AM

Bandidifan, I was not aware about that site (pit pass)!
To me it's incredible for any F1 follower being on this site getting into arguments about F1 matters not to know of pit pass.
A few days ago I was stressing the importance of people on here to visit as much sites as possible to get themselves fully and well informed before attempting to flag dawn others.

Cardinal

January 25, 2011 10:16 AM

Andrew sticking up for Bernie Ecclestone shocker!
Mr Mac, if I didn't already fail to take you seriously, I would definitely stop doing so now. I'm sure you argue with yourself when there's no-one else around :)

CJD

January 25, 2011 11:10 PM

with this 50mio, the BE controlled CVC, also got control over the rights over F1 - formerly owned by leo kirch.

how many millions bernie earned, alone from F1 rights, since then (through CVC) ..
those 50mio, to get a banker Banker from BayernLB (they controlled the bankrupt leo kirch empire),
to sell everything to CVC was a really greate investment ..

Alan Jones - Unregistered

January 27, 2011 12:05 PM

Petara is infact the name of MrE's luxury yacht , built around the same time as the alleged offence and on paper could have cost £50M (but probably not as much)

I don't trust the weasel or at least 2 other team owners from the same era who financed their teams using very dubious money.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »