F1 » Kovalainen: Team Lotus has 'great platform' with T128

Heikki Kovalainen: Valencia was an excellent test for me. Even though we had some issues with the power steering on the first couple of days you have to remember we weren't even at the first two tests last year.

Sort Comments: Oldest | Newest

your mum - Unregistered

February 05, 2011 11:16 AM

Jean Toad takes those honours... no disrepect but I still dont know why Trulli is still in the team when there were at least 2 great young drivers on the market without a drive. Maybe there are reasons why they stuck with Trulli

p1 - Unregistered

February 05, 2011 2:01 PM

Artov, they have Red Bull gearbox and Renault engine with similar aero to the Red Bull car as it is the same set up essentially, or am I missing some sort of underlying joke or sarcasm.

ebaums - Unregistered

February 05, 2011 7:12 PM

a good platform doesn't mean fast car itself without experience. Ok, they have engine Renault, gearbox Red Bull end probably some more stuff from there which is good to start from and then develope self solutions. Their lack of experience is a hole they must gap.

your mum - Unregistered

February 06, 2011 3:46 AM

Hole they must gap lol
Come on.. they have done a remarkable job to be where they are with such a great car after what, 16 months? They might be beating T Rosso, Sauber and others this yr

sodesu

February 07, 2011 9:16 PM

I agree they seem to be going the right direction but calling the T128 a great car at this point seems way over the top. It's been pretty slow and fragile so far... They will probably improve but will it be enough to challenge anyone other than the fellow newcomers? We'll just have to wait and see.