F1 » Heidfeld: I'll just do my usual job

Nick Heidfeld admits he hopes that by doing his 'usual job' during his audition for the injured Robert Kubica's Lotus Renault GP seat in testing at Jerez today, he will do enough to seal the deal

jose - Unregistered

February 12, 2011 3:23 PM

Renault Lotus was lucky that Nick was still around
When it comes to experience he stands very close to
Rubins..Many teams passed on Nick, most likely
for not having a truck full of F1 gold chips..
Do it Nick...

Jose

richard

February 12, 2011 3:36 PM

nick, on normal softs , has lapped as quickly as schumi yesterday, who was on supersofts! either nick is just plain quick, or lotus have a secret advantage. i reckon its just quick nick.

ebaums - Unregistered

February 12, 2011 3:36 PM

it's a life chance for him in a built car prototype followed by Robert Kubica's guidelines which means Nick catched himself in the best balanced car on the F1 grid! It's like Lorenzo riding M1 which was a Rossi's baby. If Heidfeld can deliver it's good for him. It can turn his fortunes upside-down. Part of its success will indeed own Mr.Kubica.

andrew.

February 12, 2011 3:40 PM

ebaums - you're not wrong there. Heidfeld (or any other driver they choose) could find themselves in the right place at the right time. Not a bad place to be.

EDIT by CRASH.NET! Personal attack removed. Stay on topic.

enchanter - Unregistered

February 12, 2011 3:55 PM

"I haven't spoken to him directly, but I have sent him a text" How harsh is that? Thats like rubbing Roberts nose in it, the poor bloke nearly lost his hand!! Could be some time before he gets a reply.

Mark _

February 12, 2011 4:40 PM

This is getting rediculous. Andrew's post was not abusive. Why is it ok for one poster to continually post comments meant to provoke people and when he succeeds the comments are removed or edited?

Richard I like you but you really should listen to what people are saying because it is not an attack it is frustration with your hypocritical comments regarding a certain driver. I also am starting to believe that you are affiliated with this site given your ability to have harmless commments pulled.

andrew.

February 12, 2011 5:44 PM

richard - not attacks coming from me. Just pointing out you inconsistency that's all.

mark - I wouldn't take on richard, you'll end up being banned like JET was. All he did was disagree. But you are right, the moderation is extremely biased. There are times that I have reported things which are extremely offensive and they remain. I make a simple observation with no malice intended and my comment is wiped!

crash - you might wan't to check who exactly started the off topic comments dragging Schumacher bashing into the thread about Heidfeld.

RMedia

February 12, 2011 5:46 PM

Its quite sad really that I came in to read about Nick and someone has to start another debate by dragging MSC in the mix, is quite tiring to be honest. The fact is you cannot compare 2 different drivers when they are in 2 different cars which in turn makes the argument a non starter, except only to stir up sh1t as usual... I expect some more intelligence from some of the more established contributors (ahem) on this site... sadly it didnt happen...

1 2  »