F1 » Barcelona (II) F1 test times - day four: 11 March - 1pm

Michael Schumacher leads the way for Mercedes at 1pm local time on the fourth day of F1 testing in Barcelona.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

ads - Unregistered

March 11, 2011 12:26 PM

never really been a schumi fan but to be honest i must be one of the few that gained a whole load of respect for him last year. i didnt think he did too badly last year all things considered and I think he will be one to watch this year, not for the WDC but to mix things up a bit.

devilsadvocate - Unregistered

March 11, 2011 12:46 PM

Man I hope that run wasnt a PR stunt, I would love to see MS take on Vettel and Alonso at the front this year. It would be an awesome case of the old vs the new. I was never a fan of Brawn but I am a huge Schumacher fan and would love to see him teach the young guys a few driving lessons this year. Cant wait till Melbourne.

stvyweavy - Unregistered

March 11, 2011 12:51 PM

Certainly no publicity stunts coming from McLaren let's hope and pray the recent times do not portray the true picture otherwise Messrs Button & Hamilton are going to have a torrid start to the season.

ads - Unregistered

March 11, 2011 1:16 PM

people seem to be forgetting that over the last few days mclaren have also posted equally impressive times. i dont think they are as fast as ferrari and RB but they are not that far off. my guess is mclaren know where their car is and are relatively ok with that but realise their focus needs to be on reliability so are running heavier loads.

nedTed - Unregistered

March 11, 2011 1:17 PM

it was clearly a qualifying lap on low fuel - hardly a secret or a publicity stunt - that's how Red Bull and all the others have been doing their fastest laps too.

The track will get faster the more it is used - each passing day there is more rubber on the track.

And good to see McLaren aren't doing as bad as expected - Jenson was way in front of the Virgin car.

Mr_B - Unregistered

March 11, 2011 1:44 PM

I hated schumacher when he was racing against Damon in the 90's with all his cheating (cheated Damon out of the Championship at Adelaide).

So was upset when he originally retired that I would have no one to hate - then Hamilton popped up.

But now I would rather see Schumacher win anyday than see the spoilt brat Hamilton win.

Daniel - Unregistered

March 11, 2011 2:09 PM

Schumacher will never end racing. He was born for it. The only issue that he had last year was the car. Hamilton laugh about him, joke about his age and so on. Now he will experience what Schumacher had last year and I would like to hear his new jokes.
I am not talking about liking him or not, about how many championships he won and in which way - fair or not. I am talking about his hunger for racing. This has to be visible for everybody either if they are or not his fans.
Alonso was right, if Mercedes will provide a good car this year, forget about the others.
From yesterday morning until now he managed to loose more than 4 seconds!! And I still read about his supersoft tires. c'mon! 4 seconds!!!in one day he is fighting on top of the times. Are you blind :) Just wait and see Melbourne... The Godfather is back:)