F1 » Ecclestone faces questioning over F1 sale

Bernie Ecclestone set to be questioned over corruption claims leveled at a German banker

Calvin _

March 17, 2011 5:19 PM

Knowing BE as I do, which is not very much, none of this surprises me.

You also have to aske why he paid MM a bung after the sale, although BE said it was a gift. I think it was around 30 or 300 million dollars.

Googolplex

March 18, 2011 12:43 AM

If Bernie was involved in the payment, and I don't suggest that he was for a moment (ever mindful that to make such an allegation may be defamatory), then I would think Bernie would not be stupid enough to have the payment traceable back to him.

CharlesForester - Unregistered

March 18, 2011 6:41 AM

This is just conjecture, but I believe I am of the opinion that thinks Bernie could have - unwittingly or under certain circumstances - skirted a few regulations with his transaction, possibly.

I don't know exactly what is considered 'defamatory' in UK courts, so pardon me if I was a little to blunt there.

Googolplex

March 18, 2011 11:05 AM

Dear Charles,

Either someone else speaks the same language as you, or you have agreed with your own comment. You need not concern yourself with defamation, since before such an action can succeed a defamatory meaning from the language you have used will need to be established. Perhaps Bernie can call evidence from the person who agreed with your comment.

RD350LC - Unregistered

March 18, 2011 11:52 AM

Much as I loathe him & would not put anything like this past him, He isn't stupid enough to leave a trail back to himself, unless old age is catching up with him which based on most of his recent comments could be the case, artificial rain anyone?

DontTalkShite

March 18, 2011 12:14 PM

** defamation, this is a blog where we all can express an OPINION. I think he's a thieving, coniving little money troll. If CVC purchased the rights which have been found to have been suubstantially undervalued, well, who profits from that? Bernie. As someone else stated, where theres smoke theres fire!

1 2  »