F1 » Heidfeld: I have more input at Renault than I've had elsewhere

Having made himself comfortably at home at Lotus Renault GP over the past month, Robert Kubica's stand-in Nick Heidfeld is eyeing podium finishes right from the 'off' in F1 2011

Spies Fan - Unregistered

March 24, 2011 11:27 AM

I have always maintained that 'Quick Nick' is the fastest man in F1. Now we are seeing the true reason his potential has been held back - people never listened. Yes he can't pronounce his R's properly - but that shouldn't never have been used against him.

This season will see Nick win the World Drivers Championship. His only competition is the superb Webbo, who is my favourite driver - but skill wise, Nick all the way. Forza Nick!

Son of Rawdawg - Unregistered

March 24, 2011 11:37 AM

I'm with you Spies Fan, maybe not quite as bullish, but Nick is quality. I can see him winning the crown too. He's such a cunning driver that he could win the title without winning a race. He's really consistent, and if he finished 2nd in every race, which is a possibility, he would easily romp the title despite the new points system.

There's little doubt that if a team listens to a drivers input, the benefits will be extraordinary. Unfortunately, most teams concentrate on one driver's opinions to the detriment of the other one's it seems. Renault's new management is a breath of fresh air.

andrew - Unregistered

March 24, 2011 11:48 AM

Haven't had time to login, but the posts above me are so stupid I don't think I should bother. Heidfeld hasn't ever one a race. The man is a modern day Andrea De Cesaris.

FRS - Unregistered

March 24, 2011 12:00 PM

I'm with andrew - I have never seen briliance in Nick to convince me he will ever win a race let alone a WDC.

However I hope he proves me wrong.

50 Cent - Unregistered

March 24, 2011 2:11 PM

Really!? Nickin 2008 the entire team was wrapped around you so you could resolve your qualifing woes and stopping further development of Kubica's car who was still in cotention for a WDC.

Ronald McDonald - Unregistered

March 24, 2011 3:59 PM

50 Cent- They stopped development on the 08 car to focus on 09 (which was a stupid idea wasn't it? oh well...) It had nothing to do with helping Heidfeld, that's just stupid.

Back on topic, I've always been a nick fan and I'd love it if Heidfeld won the championship. It'd be great.

1 2 3  »