F1 » Australian Grand Prix, Melbourne - Qualifying times

Sebastian Vettel dominates to claim pole position for season-opening Australian GP.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

50 Cent - Unregistered

March 26, 2011 1:42 PM

weak point based on what. I've watch the guy in Kart and lower formulas and he's a fantastic passer. He just had a brain fade under couple of circumstances where he clearly was to blame. That said, I rate him high in this department, and he is one of the best just go back to TR days and you'll see what he is capable of.

Banditfan

March 26, 2011 1:53 PM

So MattF1, what was that you were saying about Rosberg and Schumacher after Friday practice.
I'm not a Schumacher hater, I am however realistic and I still think he made a mistake coming back. That said, it's early days and there is still the first race and a whole season to come. We will see how it all shakes out in the coming months. Let the racing begin.:)

Ronald McDonald - Unregistered

March 26, 2011 2:01 PM

Don't worry 50, plenty of other races for heidfeld to show his stuff, although I will say that the KGB guy does seem to have raised his game this year.

Also, weren't STR impressive? Seems like their testing pace was genuine. Di Resta was also class.

heckler

March 26, 2011 2:02 PM

@50 cent. I am a seb fan. Was just putting a dig on the red riders & mcl boys that usually post on crash saying seb cant pass. Imho if you can smoke everyone & get pole, as long as you dont botch the start, you got everyone covered.

Alan D - Unregistered

March 26, 2011 2:28 PM

Schumacher, in 11th, is the top driver who can choose his tyres for the start of the race. Will he go on hard tyres? And will this be an advantage?

Regarding the HRTs and the 107% rule, before the season started I was feeling that no-one would fail to hit 107%, and regardless I thought they shouldn't use the rule for the first three races. With no testing allowed, slow teams have no chance of getting better if they are not allowed to race, and no chance of getting sponsors. However, HRT couldn't even get a car to pre-season testing and were still trying to do installation laps during qualifying. That's ridiculous.

Calvin _

March 26, 2011 4:28 PM

Alan D, It's pretty much a repeat of what they did last year. It was a joke then, and it's a joke now.

I said last year that there should be a rule that to race, a car should have a certain number of miles under it first. Nothing has changed.

sokudo - Unregistered

March 26, 2011 9:27 PM

Comeback of the year for Mclaren! They were brilliant, both Lewis and Jense and they should make the race interesting despite the fact Vettel didn't use his KERS. As for Lewis, I heard he didn't but from what I saw of his laps, he did have KERS, which he used but he used it before the final section so would have had none when he got to the finish. Correct me if I'm wrong and he didn't use it at all though.

Ferrari, what happened Promised so much but found a way to get overtaken by the Mclaren within the space of 2 weeks. Petrov was awesome fairplay and was Koba. Both of them are raising their game, particularly Vitaly who's showing that he can be up there in pace. He was better than Massa. Renault must be gutted at Nick going out early. Toro Rosso look half decent as does Perez. That Sauber is quick make no mistake and their drivers are young and motivated. Di Resta did ok but I can't help feeling like his car isn't up to scratch. I feel like Sauber and Toro Rosso have leapfrogged Wil

sokudo - Unregistered

March 26, 2011 9:29 PM

Comeback of the year for Mclaren! They were brilliant, both Lewis and Jense. Petrov and Koba look brilliant, especially Vitaly who looks better than Massa in the Ferrari, never mind Rosberg and Schumi. Look's like Alonso may have some more problems with Vitaly this season haha :p because the Russian is on it. Also, interesting to see Sauber and Toro Rosso simultaneously leapfrog Force India and Williams. Well done to them.

« 1 2 3 4