F1 » Red Bull find 'a few pointers' to Webber Melbourne misery


Red Bull Racing hopes that it has rectified some of the issues Mark Webber had with his RB7 on home turf in Melbourne - as the Aussie eyes some podium champagne in Malaysia this weekend

Sort Comments: Oldest | Newest

CommodoreS

April 04, 2011 4:38 PM

Calvin we Australians are pretty resilient and
good natured however the last two events Aussies have competed in at the pinnacle they have been screwed.

Even Ambrose In NASCAR received a unwarranted push at Bristow.

Payback will be a B....

Rob01 - Unregistered

April 04, 2011 5:39 PM

It's difficult to see how you could have two drivers of Lewis and Sebastian's calibre under one roof," said Horner.

"There tends to be fireworks, as we saw with Fernando Alonso and Lewis. So we're very happy with the line-up that we have and we'll see how things evolve."

Horner denied that he was implying that Red Bull's current line-up of Vettel and Mark Webber worked because the duo were not of equal standard

I think Horner slipped. He has basically said that Webber and Vetvet are not equals.

Reality Check - Unregistered

April 04, 2011 6:20 PM

Ron01, anyone who claims Webber is of the same caliber as Vettel is living on a different planet.

Nay, a different dimension od existence.

And anyone claiming RBR are sobtaging Webber's car are delusional. To RBR the most important as a team is the Constructors Title, there is the money and recognition by the industry. So they have to give both drivers the best.

Webber is just screwing up, like he did last year, let's get real. I wonder if he will use the same tactic as last year, namely, using his buddies in the media to whine and moan the entire season in the hope Vettel breaks under mind games...which last year failed.

richard

April 04, 2011 6:28 PM

in defence of webber, to take the result of ONE race as an indicator of anything, is just plain stupid. maybe if he is consistently beaten by seb, then he could be criticised, but give the guy a chance!

Rob01 - Unregistered

April 04, 2011 8:09 PM

One race is nothing you are correct. But to have a car completely torn down to find out nothing is wrong leads me to believe that Webber is not confortable with the two on the car. Add the fact that everyone on the team but Webber got a new contract and you can read the writing on the wall that this is going to be a very difficult year for him.

new f1fan - Unregistered

April 04, 2011 8:35 PM

Rob,i agree i think that the fact that everyone else barring Webber himself got a new contract has really affected him what with the number 2 stuck on the car which probably reminds him all of the time of what he said about being "a number 2 driver"it can't be easy for him,plus i don't think he has got over losing the title last year yet either so all in all he is really suffering.

Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 4 5  »

Join the conversation - Add your comment

Please login or register before adding your comments.

Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.

© 1999 - 2014 Crash Media Group

The total or partial reproduction of text, photographs or illustrations is not permitted in any form.