F1 » Todt avoids Ecclestone war of words

Jean Todt refuses to be drawn into a war of words with Bernie Ecclestone

Rob01 - Unregistered

April 05, 2011 12:31 PM

I don't think it will be fiction. He knows what he did to help some teams. He said it would take the most expensive lawyers in the world. Now that his 100 deal is under fire, which was his baby. I can't see him staying silent.

RD350LC - Unregistered

April 05, 2011 12:51 PM

Well Well it looks like an outbreak of sense at the FIA the 100 year deal was always a joke
Even more so with who got the deal
That's why we have a commercial rights holder who thinks he (or they) should run the sport
For the first time in my life I am actually on the side of the FIA
(Must take a shower I feel dirty for saying that)

new f1fan - Unregistered

April 05, 2011 1:41 PM

I love the fact that Todt and Bernie are not the best of buddies like Max used to be.Bernie thinks he can run it all and Todt is just not going to stand for that,just makes it all a bit more exciting for us fans.

new f1fan - Unregistered

April 05, 2011 2:25 PM

arcuid,i agree,as long as Todt does'nt show any favourtism towards Ferrari then i am happy he is there.Anyone who keeps Bernie in his place is always a good person in my view.

DontTalkShite

April 05, 2011 2:28 PM

A 100 year contract. W..T..F! Someone needs to make BE accountable for all his shenanigans. He has an absolute monopoly over F1. I don't know the ins and outs of his contract, but surely it is performanced based with KPI criteria. I would suggest that he is falling behind on credibilty. I'm sick of him, and yes, it's a big call, but go Todt, put him to the sword!

CommodoreS

April 05, 2011 2:45 PM

@ arcuid

Could not agree more. Very valid reasoning.

@DTS

Your in fine form but yeah I have to agree also.

The FIA control a lot of Motorsport globally however Bernie should not be allowed to dictate his terms regarding F1.

1 2 3 4 5 6  »