F1 » Hamilton wins, Webber stars at sparkling Shanghai

He had been criticised pre-race for having failed to manage his tyres well in Malaysia last weekend. In China seven days on, Lewis Hamilton was the Pirelli maestro - but it was Mark Webber who stole the show in Shanghai...

CommodoreS

April 17, 2011 2:04 PM

Ed is has been taken out of context.

Mark purely intended his comment to mean
with another winner in the mix it is good for the
sport. It was not a slur at Seb although to some it may have appeared so.

You can retain the respect and may the best man win.

arcuid

April 17, 2011 2:06 PM

Finally someone else won! Good job Lewis and the gamble in qualifying did pay off. A great race with a lot of overtaking artificial or not is better than a procession. Also great to see some major battles especially Alonso and Schumacher and the McLaren team mates. I have to confess that it got a little bit too much for me with the scrap between Lewis and Sebastian Vettel I turned the sound down. Still it was a good fight and no major drama happened. Kudos goes to Mark Webber with a splendid drive from 18th to 3rd. You earned it Mark.

DontTalkShite

April 17, 2011 2:17 PM

Ed, you may want to watch the post race press conference before you comment so vociferously against Mark. As I stated, Mark seemed visibly uneasy as he said the truth and what came naturally to him without thinking, then realised how his comments could be taken out of context by media and internet bloggers...ahem! Keep feeling the love for the bloke because he did a great job, he thanked Seb however Seb threw nothing his way in a compliment!

DontTalkShite

April 17, 2011 2:23 PM

@SpaghettiEddie, I just re read the post. Why would you not be more upset at Seb? Why Mark? Please, I'm bewildered, I would like to know your reasoning behind being disappointed with what Mark said, and NOT being disappointed with what Seb didn't say!

spaghettieddie

April 17, 2011 2:24 PM

DTS, we shall see! To be honest I did watch it and saw nothing said but I am stateside so the feed might be different. Dont know or I missed it because of my kids running around me. I will take another look after breakfast. G'Day :)

Sure Seb should have said more!

CommodoreS

April 17, 2011 2:32 PM

DTS don't be to harsh on Ed. He is one of the good guys who speaks his mind and is passionate in his support as we are.

Off Topic: ED The V8s were in Hamilton N.Z this weekend. Don't miss the coverage. Great event mate.

spaghettieddie

April 17, 2011 2:49 PM

@Commodore, Thanks for that!

@DTS, Maybe Seb was pissed that Mark used all his Champagne on Hammi and only gave Seb one shot while Seb gave Mark two? That was a joke! I just watched the PRC and did not see much between either one over here so....it is what it is, see what happens next race! Peace out! Ed :)

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »