F1 » Bernie Ecclestone in quit threat

Bernie Ecclestone: I'm old enough to get a pension, so I don't have to get a job. I'd have to be sure the people [who end up owning F1] are people I would like to work with and whether they would want to work with me.

Paddles - Unregistered

April 25, 2011 12:20 PM

Unfortunately Eddie, that's his job description, the FIA worries about the sporting side of things and BE worries about the cashola. I can't see too many people wanting to "work with him" though, would you?????

F1 Fan - Unregistered

April 25, 2011 12:34 PM

Agree with everyone,especially the PARASITE bit.
Look Bernie your worthless and an embarrassment to the whole sport, why don't you hold one of your VOTES and ask a simple question."should i go" erm lets see, can't see too many votes in the no section.
So guys yes i totally agree with all the comments so far.

Let's start the Bernie Out campaign NOW.

andrew. - Unregistered

April 25, 2011 12:48 PM

Newbie - do you really think anyone else would do things differently to MrE? If it wasn't MrE, it would have been someone else doing exactly the same thing.

Sure he appears ruthless in his dealings but that is business. You don't get to be successful by being nice.

Let's face facts though. Would F1 be so widely available through various media world wide for free if MrE (or someone else in his place) wasn't wheeling and dealing? I very much doubt it.

It is undeniable that MrE has been good for spreading the sport, even if we don't really like the places that it is spread to at times.

Shirley Knott

April 25, 2011 12:58 PM

I thought Bernie said that reports of Murdoch taking over were 'Rubbish'... I must have misheard.
Agree with you completely Andrew. You need to be an arrogant B@***** to run F1 (and a little bit mad at times)
Better the devil you know!!

UpYours - Unregistered

April 25, 2011 1:17 PM

Andrew and Shirley much of what you say is true but what other than money drives this midget megolomaniac. I also thought he had rubbished the idea of the Murdoch empire buying him out. Maybe there is hope yet and despite all else I will be glad to see his rear in the distance than that twisted mug on close up.

LJ - Unregistered

April 25, 2011 1:17 PM

I'm not sure who is worse Bernie Eccleston or Rupert Murdock. I guess I was dreaming when I thought if Bernie retired somebody good and honest and positive for the sport would take over. But this is like out of the frying pan into the fire.

If I had the money I would defo purchase F1 from the old mop head. Ahh well...

1 2 3 4 5  »