F1 » Blundell: Pay-per-view F1 didn't work before – and won't work now

Former ITV-F1 pundit Mark Blundell adds his voice to those who contend that a shift to pay-per-view television coverage for the sport would be bad news

Filter Comments: All | Registered

thundersaki - Unregistered

April 29, 2011 4:02 PM

i wouldn't get Sky or Pay per view for the sake of F1 when the racing quite often doesn't happen. 5 mins of highlights on youtube a week late would do me. Or a recording off a mate. F1 wrecks my Sundays enough, without costing me as well.

cas - Unregistered

April 29, 2011 4:13 PM

I've said it before and theres no chance I will pay sky to watch the f1, not because of the lack of real racing, and not because I have a dislike for rupert murdoch, and nor do I think sky is a waste of money for the people who do have it and enjoy it.

As with the WRC I simply cannot justify spending £20 a month for sky with another £14 for the wrc plus more for the f1, I dont watch a lot of tv as it is, I certainly dont watch enough for me to get my moneys worth or benefit paying something like £40 a month for 2hrs of quali and 3hrs of the race every other weekend

Puzzle - Unregistered

April 29, 2011 4:16 PM

F1 overall is quite boring but ok to watch if you've nothing better to do. The majority of races are broadcast live in the middle of the day in the UK. Taking these factors into account and then making it pay-per-view, I can think of no quicker way of sinking the F1 ship.

not so newf1fan - Unregistered

April 29, 2011 4:40 PM

just a fan,how can you say the hour build ups are rubbish,i think they are just great you get to see and hear from teams and drivers(and Eddie),its just part of what is all in all just a great package.

andrew. - Unregistered

April 29, 2011 6:20 PM

The BBC coverage would be dramatically improved if they didn't have the hour of rubbish at the start.

All they need is a quick qualifying recap and then go straight to the race.

richard

April 29, 2011 7:07 PM

andrew. is this the sign of a rift between you and newbie?
however, i agree with you and "just a fan". the hour long intro is really pointless, other than t have brundle fawning up to z list celebs! i only turn on the tv about 5 mins before the start. a preview of quali would be pointless as it is really only of interest when live, and once you know the grid, there is no point in watching quali.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »