F1 » No 'big joy' for Schumacher

Michael Schumacher has admitted that he was at fault for his poor result in the Turkish Grand Prix, that he is not getting much enjoyment from the sport at present.

Chameleon - Unregistered

May 09, 2011 2:19 PM

It's very obvious that Scumacher is a shadow of his old self.

But what annoys me tho is Coulthard's bias commentary. I have listened to Coulthard on bbc commentary this season and i have seen a lot of hatred for schumacher by coulthard. Any chance he has to talk about schu, he will butt in and mention something negative. A good overtaking move, he will keep quite. When rosberg or anyone he does like make hash of things, he will not even mention it.

F1 also is becoming boring as overtaking is becoming too easy. All the crap drivers now can overtake without having any problems. Before it was an art to overtake and now it is becoming a joke. Great for new fans who have come in to watch f1 but old fans sense its artificial racing.

Cobalt

May 09, 2011 3:07 PM

Schumi is getting slower, not a match for top 5 drivers. It is not his fault thou as not money, talent or detemination is going to stop ageing. It happens to all, without exception.

Taz - Unregistered

May 09, 2011 3:09 PM

@Chameleon

If anyone on the BBC is guilty of over critising then it's EJ, all DC did was state (I think correctly) that Michael himself is questioning if it's worth the hassle, I don't like seeing Schumacher struggle but I can't see why what DC said is so wrong. He had a poor race really.

Jose - Unregistered

May 09, 2011 3:18 PM

Well Monaco is next, for the most part a drivers circuit. The top five teams all have a equal shot
and with a couple of hot foots anything can happen.
Schumacher has a long history here. He has had a few wins and many top rated performances. Some place on the podium should be his. I can see no other creditable excuse that will hold water.. The last race was a complete disaster, rookie type mistakes and lack of real pace, for the most part embarrassing to watch. Time for a new teammate for Nico, maybe so.
Monaco for me is the measuring stick..

Badman, Jose

Charles Horaldo - Unregistered

May 09, 2011 3:41 PM

It hurts me to say this, but I fear that Schumacher may retire soon - all signs point to the end. His race performance wasn't the big problem for me, it was qualifying.

His Q3 time was only 2/10 slower than his P3 time. So it wasn't as if his Q3 performance was bad (as he made out). He simply didn't have the speed to go under 1:26.00. When I compared the practice and qualifying time sheets, I realised that he's finished. It would be sad to see him retire at the end of the season - it would be awful to see him go before then.

richard

May 09, 2011 3:43 PM

a couple of weeks ago, schumi said he was racing "for fun". now he says he is getting "no joy" from it. unless things turn around for him rapidly, i can see him bailing out sometime during this season, and let another new driver have a chance of some experience of the car, before next season. he still is reasonably competitive, but no longer has the edge of youth.

Kiko - Unregistered

May 09, 2011 3:50 PM

Schumacher is always being taken from behind.

I think he would get a lot of respect if he was honest and said "I'm not enjoying it, I have attempted to come back and it hasn't worked out, now I am going to move aside" and did one final German GP as a goodbye then quit for good.

MikeG - Unregistered

May 09, 2011 3:56 PM

It pains me to say this but I agree with everyone. I think that we were all hoping that he was super human. Proves that time waits for nobody. Pretty sure now that Michael will quit before season end. :-(

arcuid

May 09, 2011 4:06 PM

I was not a fan of Schumi during his glory days with but I do respect the fact that he wanted to race again. Now I feel sorry for him because its harder with different technology, a 3 year absence and younger racers who idolized are now beating him. If things gets, worse his option might be to bow out...

1 2 3 4  »