F1 » Rumours of Red Bull needle return in Barcelona

Been thinking that the entente cordiale between Red Bull Racing team-mates Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber was too good to last..? One eagle-eyed Spanish Grand Prix observer reckons it may have already shattered...

Duke - Unregistered

May 23, 2011 2:45 PM

Mark let the WDC slip through his fingers last year,such a shame.
On race day he didn't shine,it was if he gave his all on Saturday.He always looks away from the camera and interviewer when he is down in the dumps,and it showed.Vettel will always be Number 1 in whatever team he drives for,but sadly,Mark's career is coming to an end.He doesn't have Schumi's determination.

Frank G

May 23, 2011 2:48 PM

@ MikeG:
Don't agree... If the team had let Seb burn a second set of softs it would have probably been a McLaren in first since MW was no where close to winning yesterday...

FreddyFreeloader

May 23, 2011 2:51 PM

Smells like conspiracy. Truth is SV is in top form and gets more from the car than MW. Mark's feeling it cause the kid is beating him easily. I'd like MW to win a few just to make the season more interesting but right now SV the better man. I think SV will win Monaco with a huge margin unless it rains.

50 Cent - Unregistered

May 23, 2011 3:07 PM

I agree with Frank that if Sabina went again in quali then lala, most likely, would have taken first. That said, I don't think the needle has returned in Barca, at least not yet. Sabina is comfortably in the lead, but let's say Webb gets P1 in Monaco and wins, that could be a different stroy.

Chris - Unregistered

May 23, 2011 3:26 PM

Seb was 47,9 second ahead of Mark in the race, stats don't lie, Mark is battling to be on the same page. Seb covered Lewis in Q3. Seb is at the top of his game and improving, that is a worry for all in F1.

irlirie69

May 23, 2011 3:42 PM

The go-around between Seb and Webs is really getting old. If I were Webber, I wouldn't have cared if he went out again to try for P1. Like a few others had mentioned, Seb would've had less fresh sets of softs for the race. I think he did himself a disservice by belly-aching about it. Sure, Seb would've continued his pole run, but it would've been better for Webs to start P2 and have more fresh tires for the race. I can understand why Webs may have been frustrated, but I wouldn't have said a word... let Seb burn another set of softs if he wants... Mark would've benefitted later in race day.

As for Webber, he RBR's #2... plain and simple, and I hope Webs can just go about his business and worry about himself and how he performs, for that is all he can control anyway.

As

Ray Watson - Unregistered

May 23, 2011 3:43 PM

I agree with Scribe Peter, there was something going on after or at the end of Q3, as Mark emerged from the garages with a very strained face, not as if he had just won pole. They are playing mind games with him, even if they had not sent Seb out again, the intended deed was done.

And I am not sure Mark has his full team on his side any more? He can drive, but he must get his head into gear.

Spaghettieddie - Unregistered

May 23, 2011 3:51 PM

@Irlirie69.
I could not agree more! I would not have said a word! It is, if what is being reported is true, a bit embarrassing. Who knows if it is true or not but....if it is then I think Mark needs to take a 'chill pill'. Let Seb burn up another set of tires. I really think that it was a team call and Mark did not have anything to do with it. I just cannot believe that he would throw a 'hissy' fit like that. But, who knows! :)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »