F1 » Button: I've driven for two of my dream teams....

Jenson Button reveals that, as a child, he longed to drive for Williams, McLaren..... and Ferrari.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

hunting - Unregistered

May 30, 2011 2:22 PM

button is a good 'benchmark' driver for the car - he is generally consistant and makes few mistakes,also in a car that suits him he can be serene. however he is lacking a bit in the hotblooded will to win department but that deficit is made up for by alonso. he is a marketing and pr dream for them too and his slightly playboy image would go down well with the tifosi. Number 1 driver no - solid part of the team yes. and i mean - he isn't really going to say no to ferrari is he?...i think he's fishing..:)

Mork - Unregistered

May 30, 2011 2:38 PM

Actually I've noticed for a long time that Alonso and Button seem to get on really well and the Ferrari team also seem to be very friendly with him....

Firestorm - Unregistered

May 30, 2011 4:14 PM

Ferrari,Williams and McLaren are the most succesful teams in F1 history.It was nice watching them fight with each other in 2003 for the last time(I am speaking fighting for both titles and not for e mere race victory).But isn't probarly that Button joins Ferrari in the future.

pitstop - Unregistered

May 30, 2011 4:50 PM

I would of loved to of seen Jenson driving for Williams when that car was flying in the early 2000's and i could never understand why he never went back to Williams after his second year in F1 as i thought Frank said that he was only on loan from them?.I must admit i never thought he would ever move to Mclaren and i am so pleased that he did,he is only going to get better from now on i think.

debaser91 - Unregistered

May 30, 2011 6:50 PM

Lots of drivers have driven for two of the three:

Montoya, Raikkonen, Stefan Johansson, Regazzoni, Reutemann, Keke Rosberg, Barrichello, Berger, Coulthard, Senna, Alex Wurz, Alonso, Lauda are the ones I could think of.

But yeah Prost and Mansell the only ones to drive for all three I can think of.

FRED - Unregistered

May 31, 2011 1:36 AM

Just a thought. Webber is no.2 at Red bull, whatever is said. Vettel came up through the Red Bull 'scholarship' in a similiar manner to Hamilton, so that's not going to change.
Therefore, Webber to Ferrari and Button to Red Bull?
Horner may prefer Hamilton but I think Mc. would pay Hamilton telephone numbers to stay.
Button may well want to drive for Ferrari but given the option to be in the fastest GP car (at the moment at least) would he let his heart rule his head and turn down such a chance?
Whatever happens I'm sure things will be moving shortly. We're into June soon and,as I've read over the years, a driver's contracts with a new team can take 3-4 months. A driver is going to want to enjoy his extended winter hols somewhere sunny without having to worry about where he'll be the following year. Most contracts I think, don't allow a driver to be involved with te new team before the 1st of Jan the following year, so if Button is to make a move to Ferrari or elsewhere I'd like to mak

FRED - Unregistered

May 31, 2011 1:41 AM

continued from previous blog... I'd like to make a small wager that the ball is rolling already.
Final thought - what are the chances of Schumacher calling it a day within the next few months - to be replaced by Di Resta in 2012?

« 1 2 3