F1 » Webber slates F1's lack of 'conscience' over Bahrain

Following the FIA's controversial decision to reinstate the 2011 Bahrain Grand Prix, Red Bull Racing star Mark Webber warns that 'F1 and sport in general isn't above having a social responsibility and conscience'

107SS2009

June 05, 2011 3:39 AM

When this race time comes up and if it's done and provided his teams doesn't back out of the race I expect MW to open his big gob and say “I have been dragged out there to race against my will” as I had and stood by my handshake agreement with the team.

CommodoreS

June 05, 2011 5:14 AM

So you are not open to an opinion and freedom of speach Sunny.

Your comments show a lot of malice to Mark when
he is only cementing his earlier views.

Whether he is right or wrong is indifferent.

I am not politically motivated however have been following this turmoil closely and their are many divided views.

This is Marks view and if you consider he should not have one I find that very sad. You have a opinion and voiced it. What makes you the judge/jury and executioner. We need people of prominence to be open in their views.You and I are of little significance.

This not about F1. It is about our fellow men and women

107SS2009

June 05, 2011 6:10 AM

Commodore S yes am more than open to an opinion and freedom of speech and yes my comments may seem to have malice to MW but that's because he is about the only one that always puts himself in that position.
I am sure you are not politically motivated but am sure “and I don't blame you” you are patriotically motivated to the point of you cannot see anything wrong with what he says.
Yes this is MW'S view like l am sure there are more drivers and also teams having the same views the difference is the others doesn't put themselves in a position were after they say they are against it going racing over there they will have to go if it happens because if that will be the case they know that unlike MW and his supporters they will not be made a hero having said they shouldn't have went racing over there and than went.

beeflin

June 05, 2011 9:21 AM

Mark is expressing exactly what he feels about this problem. He hasn't got to the point of refusing to go to the race, he just feels uneasy about it. Why should he take it any further? This is real honesty, not moral posing.

DontTalkShite

June 05, 2011 9:23 AM

Mark is what he is. He speaks his mind and is not afraid to do so. Unlike the rest of the sheep in the paddock! Of course he will race there if his team chooses to do so, he has a contract.

EDIT by CRASH.NET! Stick to F1 comments.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »