F1 » Hamilton: I've been in the head's office all my life...

As he endeavours to put his Monaco misery behind him in Montreal this weekend, McLaren-Mercedes star Lewis Hamilton reflects that 'we all have good and bad days in the office' – adding that 'my whole life I was always in the headmaster's office...'

richard

June 10, 2011 1:07 PM

why is anyone in the heads office? only because you've been a naughty boy. so i wonder what he was up to all these times?
i see that he has personally phoned maldonado and massa, and actually apologised for his driving behaviour and this comments about them. so credit to him for that. hopefully he will say this to their faces , in montreal.
only an hour to go to fp!

HamPleb - Unregistered

June 10, 2011 1:35 PM

This is YoYo Boy... By the way the Stewarts are going a great JOB. Doesn't know what he saying one day to the next - Shutup and Drive man.Leave the ranting and raving.

pitstop - Unregistered

June 10, 2011 1:41 PM

Well at least he is used to it then,i always thought that he was a good boy at school and i remember him going back to his old school a few months ago and the teachers there loved him(one teacher that taught him was so pleased to see him again).I went to school with a very famous sports person indeed!

Taz - Unregistered

June 10, 2011 1:52 PM

Well he allegedly assulted one of his classmates and the story was covered up by McLaren as it threatened to come out in his 1st season.

That would have got him into the heads office I suspect.

dave - Unregistered

June 10, 2011 2:16 PM

Expect a frenzy this weekend, as he looks like favourite for the race and the only man this year likely to challenge Vettel in Neweys FlexiWinged Wondercar.

EDIT by CRASH.NET! Inapropriate comment removed.

mrfill - Unregistered

June 10, 2011 2:30 PM

Wikipedia says "Villeneuve died in a 140 mph (225 km/h) crash with the March of Jochen Mass during qualifying for the 1982 Belgian Grand Prix at Zolder. The accident came less than two weeks after an intense argument with his team-mate, Didier Pironi, over Pironi's move to pass Villeneuve at the preceding San Marino Grand Prix."

Read and learn, Lewis

Homer - Unregistered

June 10, 2011 2:36 PM

Admittedly I did not read the whole article, but jeez this guy needs to stay in a car. For the 2 weeks between races he is always saying the stupidest things, that fuel the haters and make him sound dumb. Honestly, McLaren should just lock him up in the simulator between races.

oldtimer - Unregistered

June 10, 2011 2:37 PM

And he is likely to remain there unless he can accept that he is not going to be winning all the races and the championship again soon now that Vettel has stolen his crown. He may have been a bit unlucky that Vettel arrived when he did as after
Hamilton won the championship many people thought he was the new Schumacher. He has yet to prove that to me but he has time on his side unlike Webber, Button etc. If in four or five years time when I am OLD oldtimer he has one
another 20 or so races and a couple more championships I may well accept that he has done the job. I would not put money on it though. For one thing have to start getting their car right at the start of each season otherwise they will always be playing catch up.

Lezza

June 10, 2011 2:50 PM

I'm not a McLaren supporter, but I love Hamilton's verve. Want him to keep having a go, and if they won't get out of the way, he has my permission to drive over the bleedin' top of them. What is the sport coming to? Is the Nanny State approach, which has stuffed everything else, now seeking to emasculate F1. For Kerist's sake, stewards are now deciding race outcomes. Go Lewis. Drive your heart out, and I'll continue to see in you the DNA of some of the wonderfully aggressive, take no-prisoners drivers of past eras. Brabham, Rindt, Lauda, Mansell and Senna to name a few.

slightlysideways

June 10, 2011 2:55 PM

@Lezza
You are spot on, nowadays if a driver scratches another car he is seriously frowned upon. ffs in the eighties drivers risked each other's lives by careering into the back of each other to help win championships. I'm not saying I approve of purposely crashing, but nowadays you cant risk anything in an overtake cos if you do you get penalties galore. Lewis is the only one with b@lls to do good overtakes, but I fear he will just stop as it is not worth it any more.

1 2 3 4 5  »