F1 » Webber: I had to roll the dice

Despite an early tangle with Lewis Hamilton, Mark Webber gambled and took a podium finish in the Canadian Grand Prix.

Rob01 - Unregistered

June 13, 2011 12:40 PM

Did anyone else catch what Webber said in the post race interview. When asked about how the race turned out. He said that they all got the position that they deserved. I thought that was a swipe at Vettel. Or maybe I heard it wrong.

Rob01 - Unregistered

June 13, 2011 2:13 PM

Commodore... I am playing nice. But when a driver says that after a team mate makes a huge mistake, I take it as more of a shot at that person. Are you saying Webber didn't say that??

Igor Brezovic

June 13, 2011 2:42 PM

Another great performance from Webber. Another LH "gonna make my move and I don't care if we crash" brain fade... Button was really flyin...all that pit-stops, drive through, optimistic moves by LH and Alonso and THAT SV lock-up... it was worth waiting four hours!

CommodoreS

June 13, 2011 2:42 PM

No Rob I am not saying Mark did not say that
however I consider it is was intended in a
different manner to which you have illustrated.

I think the comment was intended as the best three
achieved what they could,considering the underlying conditions.

The Australian Vocabulary and meaning can be taken taken out of context but we know what it means.

Rob01 - Unregistered

June 13, 2011 3:08 PM

I will look at the post race interview again Commodore. I just found it unusual that after Vettel threw away the race that mark would say, that all three got the position they deserved.

Dee - Unregistered

June 13, 2011 3:32 PM

Rob/Commodore,

I think he simply meant that Jenson deserved the win with the drive he had, rather than a slight against Seb. After he said it, Seb looked at him with a none-too-happy look on his face. Immediately after Webber said it, I think he suddenly realised what he'd said and quickly mentioned the good work Seb had done.

Still, it's better than a driver being all diplomatic and not actually saying anything at all. We need more drivers to speak their mind and not pussy-foot around things.

1 2 3  »