F1 » Vettel: My moment in the sun could end at any time

In a refreshing and enlightening interview, Red Bull Racing's defending F1 World Champion Sebastian Vettel reveals what it means to him to be No.1 - and how he is 'still the same guy I've always been'

Funkyj - Unregistered

June 15, 2011 2:27 PM

It's a shame he carries on like a **** whenever he qualifies 1st, waving his finger in everyone's faces. He doesn't seem very well liked by the other drivers. I had to laugh when the crowd booed him at Montreal when he got his trophy.

JDF - Unregistered

June 15, 2011 2:29 PM

Have to agree with you Googleplex, He is likable apart from that finger of course, but that's for the other drivers to stop him showing that dam thing:p. As a Ham fan I am obviously frustrated at the moment, but Vettel deserves all his success he really is on top of his game right now.

Gopherus Agassizii - Unregistered

June 15, 2011 2:31 PM

He's done some pretty punkish things in his short career, but he's also demonstrated some uncommon maturity too. He's probably going to collect a few more titles and won't be able to keep his somewhat personable manner about town for all that long. I do wish him luck.

JDF - Unregistered

June 15, 2011 2:49 PM

the more successful a driver becomes they tend to attract more haters and fanboys alike, look at Senna, Schumi, and later Alonso and Hamilton, it seems the same is starting to happen to Seb.. PS @ the OP sorry for spelling your user name wrong.

Stu - Unregistered

June 15, 2011 3:32 PM

I find Seb a nice character on the whole.
He always seems to tell the truth and looks genuinely happy when he wins. At the weekend when he made a mistake he admitted it and said how he felt upset at losing a race he led for all but the last 3 or 4 corners.

walrus909

June 15, 2011 4:38 PM

When some one says "I'm not a God", that means the thought has crossed his mind. Of course, his agent,the fans and media fuel this fire and he is a young lad. All in all, I found a little more respect for him after reading this, but I'm still disgusted at him for ramming Button and Webber last year.

RMcGeddon - Unregistered

June 15, 2011 5:19 PM

£2,500 for an autographed Beatles album? Where did you get that Seb? It was a real bargain! Here are some examples of autographed Beatles stuff currently on sale. (All prices in U.S. dollars.)
Performance Photo - $27,500
Magazine Photo - $12,300
Copy of "Twist & Shout" - $30,000

USF1_Fan - Unregistered

June 15, 2011 5:54 PM

Last year I didn't think Vettel had the composure and maturity as a driver to pull of the WDC although I thought he was one of the best current pilots overall.
I was wrong, he held up under pressure and proved himself.

This year he has continued to impress me with his driving and overall composure.
It could end at any time and so could his streak but I don't expect that to happen.

The one and only reason I hope he stops being quite so successful right now is that watching him drive away from the field for 90 minutes is not a enjoyable as seeing the drivers fight for the win.

1 2 3 4  »