F1 » Vettel goes three wins clear with Valencia victory

Sebastian Vettel extends his championship lead with a lights-to-flag victory in the European Grand Prix

kdizzle - Unregistered

June 27, 2011 1:05 AM

Your wrong..

DRS can be used ANYTIME a car is closer than 1 second to the car in front. Regardless od the track position.
We saw SV MW and FA using it getting through the backmarkers plenty of times today.

DontTalkShite

June 27, 2011 3:48 AM

@Richard, no conspiracy theory, just facts. Webbers car today had issues with KERS, hot brakes and then gearbox. Has his car become the test bed? Also, just wondering, has his kers worked properly for any race this season? Oh, and I won't mention the mysterious issues from Australia. I give credit to Seb, he's an awesome driver and deserves the No.1 on his car, but, I honestly don't believe they are driving equal machinery. Just my opinion based on the facts WE DO KNOW! :)

Googolplex

June 27, 2011 6:59 AM

I think we can confidently call the result of the 2011 WDC.

Even if Seb won no more races and averaged third for the rest of the season, and of the remaining 11 races you allocated 4 wins and 5 runner ups to each of Fernando and Lewis, with the other three race winners being anybody else but Seb, Seb will still win the WDC comfortably.

The only way Seb can lose is if he has multiple non finishes and either Hamilton or Alonso win 6 or 7 of the remaining races. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

richard

June 27, 2011 7:52 AM

dts. kers problem? there was no mention of that other than brundle querying if he was using it, and then the graphics showed that it was being used. gearbox problem? how can you say that this shows he got inferior equipment? all gearoxes are the same, so how could anyone choose an "inferior" box to put in webbers car. hot brakes? this depends on driving styles, and oddly or not, other drivers were advised their brakes were overheating. incorrect braking balance would be the cause, and this is in control of driver, i am sure that if mark was getting inferior equipment, he would be the first to complain, and he isnt.

Spaghettieddie - Unregistered

June 27, 2011 8:15 AM

It is 3am in the morning here in Fla USA and....for some reason I had to see what was being discussed. WTF! C'mon DTS, really? As they say here in the south(and I am not from here but...) **** I forgot what they say:) Ha! Anyways, Mark and Seb get the same equipment period. Last year Seb caught all the 'bad breaks' and Mark did not. This year is a bit different. Outside of the fact that Seb is at least 4 to 6 tenths quicker a lap then Mark (he is younger and has not had his pumpkin(head)smashed in like Mark has) he is on a mission. It just so happens that Mark is having some bad luck. But...think about it, is third place with a bad gearbox a bad result? I do not think so. Do you remember when you were young and indistructible DTS? I do!!! I just hope that Seb never has to experiance a bad crash. We all know(at least anyone with a clue) what the end result is. Massa

Mojo Jojo

June 27, 2011 8:31 AM

Heard from the Star Sports commentators that Vettel has led 360 of the 420 laps that have been ran this season (or something like that). Something like leading 80% of all the laps so far.

That is just an amazing statistic.

Spaghettieddie - Unregistered

June 27, 2011 8:35 AM

@Zib,
I did Zib. I like that guy! I was not sure if I saw what 'we' saw so I rewinded to make sure I (we) saw what I (we) saw. The answer is yes, he did! Now I have a question, would you have done that? Whatever your answer is the real question is...why did he do that? Right? :)

Spaghettieddie - Unregistered

June 27, 2011 8:41 AM

For anyone that does not get it.......Sebastian Vettel is one of those exceptional drivers that comes around once every few decades if not longer. We are very lucky to be a part of it. IMO Ed :)

« 1 2 3 4  »