F1 » Fuel irregularity demotes Buemi to rear of grid


Scuderia Toro Rosso ace Sébastien Buemi has been relegated to the very back of the starting grid for Sunday's German Grand Prix at the Nürburgring after his car failed a post-qualifying fuel sample check

Sort Comments: Oldest | Newest

107SS2009

July 24, 2011 7:54 AM

FL fuel, ordinary pump petrol contains over 500 different hydrocarbons, the regulations says FI fuel must contain 99% of the ordinary pump petrol hydrocarbons the other 1% is free, F1 fuel is not allowed to be chilled.
They either chilled their fuel or the supplier supplied them fuel with the irregularity.

Insomniac - Unregistered

July 24, 2011 4:44 PM

They replaced most of the the fuel system friday afternoon, with the chemical residue inside the parts resulting in a composition change of the sample fuel. Usually, the parts are chemically neutralized, or simply flushed through with the same fuel mix before fitment to the car. For whatever reason, perhaps that didn't happen.

Join the conversation - Add your comment

Please login or register before adding your comments.

Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.

© 1999 - 2014 Crash Media Group

The total or partial reproduction of text, photographs or illustrations is not permitted in any form.