F1 » Hamilton: German win 'more special than usual'

Lewis Hamilton praises McLaren after winning a race that was 'more special than usual' in Germany

blzbub

July 24, 2011 4:58 PM

Possibly the two best drivers on the grid beating the best car, both these guys took it to red bull and outraced them, the only way hamilton could top yesterdays quali was with a win, happy days for him, the race for second is hotting up.

F1fan2011

July 24, 2011 10:50 PM

To those of you who are hellbent on knocking Lewis !

If you actually spent the time to actually listen to or read his comments properly.

You would be able to understand that what he was actually saying was that every win is special, but this one was extra special due to the fact that at the beginning of the weekend Mclaren were so far off in terms of pace against Ferrari and Red Bull and that he was able to pull off a lap in qualifying that put him on the front row to give him a real chance in the race. He fought a real tough race against Webber and Alonso, which anyone of them could have won! So to pull off some amazing overtakes to win this race made it extra special !

SP - Unregistered

July 25, 2011 1:20 AM

Wizzo?? Is that you?? You, Sir, are a REAL racer. I remember standing at Silverstone watching you two wheel the Mazda (I think) through the chicane before Woodcote. And even if you're "another" BW, your comments are spot on. And I've got five years ahead of you, so I'm not a fanboy neither!!

Taipan

July 25, 2011 1:47 AM

Barrie, I'm 40 and if my Mother is right I stopped wetting my self when I was 4, so if you've been racing for 34 years you must not have been very good at it or I would have known you. Barrie Williams? sounds Welsh and we all know how good they are at open wheel racing lol.
PS calling someone that you don't know a fool is a very silly thing, I would have thought someone as old as you would know better.
Any time you want to compare qualifications just ask buddy.

Jez - Unregistered

July 25, 2011 3:06 AM

@Barrie Williams - I think you need to calm down, sir. Taipan made a comment relevant to the topic based on what Hamilton said not three days ago and you think that that is reason to personally attack him?

You can disagree with the premise, but your childish name-calling and suggestions of suicide are totally unnecessary and offensive.

Gogo Gaga didi - Unregistered

July 25, 2011 5:56 AM

Great driving by the buddies. That is Lewis Hamilton and Adria Sutil from Force India. They not only drove fantastically, but gained valuable points for their teams.
Good one Lewis and Adrian.

Taipan

July 25, 2011 11:53 PM

Cheers Jez.

Barrie, you might be 55 but its time to grow up buddy, telling someone to commit suicide because you disagree with them on an internet forum? Just a little bit extreme wouldn't you say? I think Crash have done you a favour and saved your embarrassment by deleting your comments.

Jez - Unregistered

July 26, 2011 12:56 AM

Taipan - No probs. Disagreeing is fine, but we should disagree like adults.

I completely agree with your first post. I don't know why Hamilton is so happy with this win, because according to him all it will amount to at the end of the season is a gold star sticker to go in the scrap book.

If the WDC is so much less special, then why is he bothering to compete in it? Every time he opens his mouth he just broadens the gaping chasm between his fanboys and detractors.