F1 » Sauber confirms F1 2012 driver line-up

On the eve of this weekend's Hungarian Grand Prix at the Hungaroring, Sauber has confirmed the identities of its two race drivers and reserve and test driver in F1 2012

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Daisuke K - Unregistered

July 28, 2011 12:38 PM

I hope Sauber's 2012 car will be faster than this year's, especially at small corners. I am relieved, at least, that we, F1 Fans in Japan, has our countryman racing next year.

I could have been happier if Kamui had secured a seat at a top team next year, but all I can hope now is a FASTER SAUBER.

Go! Kamui! (and Sauber)

Taz - Unregistered

July 28, 2011 12:43 PM

@Daisuke K

I don't think there's any opening in a top team for next year as I reckon Webber will resign.

Another season like this one though and someone will pick him up, I think Sauber will move forwards though in the midfield, there's worse teams he could be driving for. Sadly that includes Williams at the moment.

Daisuke K - Unregistered

July 28, 2011 3:23 PM

@Taz,
you're right. I thought there would be 2 or 3 seats available within top teams for 2012 but that seems not to be the case.

I am looking forward to both Saubers' performance for the rest of 2011 as their employment for 2012 is secured.

Taz - Unregistered

July 28, 2011 8:15 PM

@CaptainKaramelo

lol

Yeah, I spotted it after I posted it at work although I thought he was going to resign at one stage after Silverstone :p

richard

July 28, 2011 9:30 PM

when perez bought his seat, i had doubts about his ability. since then, he has proven to be reasonably competitie, and has earned his seat, this time. a future wdc?? no way! midfield runner? yes, a reasonably fast one!

Nanbawan - Unregistered

July 28, 2011 9:40 PM

When a so called "pay driver" has ended in the final GP2 podium, you know he has at least some abilities...I'm not that surprised.

Still, good midfield driver line up for Sauber and I'm glad that Peter's team is well alive and kicking.

boss b - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 8:57 AM

Good news from Sauber, but with Gutierez hanging around, and Carlos slim's deep Telmex pockets, they can persuade Peter sauber to yield the 2nd seat to Esteban. So Kamui is under pressure to keep Segio in check. The moment Sergio is on par with him adrian fernandez would be calling to ask how much to fit esteban in that second seat.

Unless of course he's snatched by a top team first. Mercedes is expanding their chinese market, they can somehow find a way to market a japanese national in china can't they?