F1 » BBC, Sky Sports in joint F1 TV deal from 2012

In a dramatic shift for F1 viewers in the UK, it has been announced that the BBC and Sky Sports are to jointly broadcast the sport from next season onwards - although only one of them will show all of the races live

Gutted - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 9:57 AM

I am not watching next year. I am not getting Sky Sports on top of my TV license, current cable subscription. May aswell go and watch the race at the track for the amount it costs. I hope it fails big time and ruins that little !?&@ and the other !?&@.

Alex - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 9:57 AM

F1 has lost its appeal, young UK drivers stand no chance of coming up with the money it costs, so lets leave F1 to the countries that can afford to support their young drivers

To the Beeb, get GT's on TV much more interesting and goodbye Bernie thank you for all your support

nat - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 10:00 AM

And don't forget, a Sky Sports subscription doesn't just put money into F1 - it helps stuff the pockets of the obscenely overpaid footballers.

steffan - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 10:05 AM

its a sad day but since i'm one of the lucky ones who have Sky they might take the coverage to a whole new level. If you look at their coverage of the Premier League/Super League Rugby and even Speedway its second to none I hope they put Tony Jardine as one of the pundits.

Herbert Clinker - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 10:07 AM

Well i'm going to try moving my old satellite dish towards other satellite's to see if i can pick up f1 free to air on german or dutch tv.
I'm not going to let the bbc and sky stop me watching F1 for free.

ace.moonpanda - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 10:08 AM

How can the powers that be think this is a good thing for the fans. F1 only exists becaus of the fans. I AM TOTALLY GUTTED.I have watched F1 since i was a boy. I wont evan record it to watch it later if i cant watch it live I WONT WATCH IT AT ALL.And to only get 10 live races whats the point F1 is like a soap opera I want to watch each episode and imerse my self in it .The feeling you get in the pitt of your stomach when the lights go out and the race begins will not ever be the same with extended highlights.totally gutted

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »