F1 » BBC, Sky Sports in joint F1 TV deal from 2012

In a dramatic shift for F1 viewers in the UK, it has been announced that the BBC and Sky Sports are to jointly broadcast the sport from next season onwards - although only one of them will show all of the races live

AndyS_uk - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 10:40 AM

Totally gutted. I believe that the sport will suffer. I love F1. My son loves F1. I do have Sky but not Sky Sports and my initial reaction is not to pay even more to encourage further this sell-out.

This is so, so wrong.

MacktheKnife

July 29, 2011 10:43 AM

Quite pathetic postings. I can remember similar protests when the Premiership went to Sky. 'It's the end of football' the plebs shouted. It wasn't. F1 moving to Sky will not be the end of the Grand Prix racing either. F1 will just get stronger. If you can't afford Sky you still get to watch all the races. Yes some will be a highlights package but is that a bad thing? Rather than protesting about this news you should protest about the BBC in general. Paying a license fee is just wrong. The death of the BBC can't come quick enough.

Rob - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 10:44 AM

Well it looks like i'll have a few more hours free on a Sunday from next year,this is a rotten decision for Joe public.javascript:insertTextCursor('comment', ':?')

mr know it all - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 10:45 AM

of dear oh dear oh dear. One only has to watch the diabolical coverage of F1 in other sky/ murdoch countries to realise what a load of rubbish we are about to receive. I have watched F1 for 30 years and cannot see a situation I will watch it on sky. Bye bye F1 , I hope you did your best for your own wallet and CVC's Bernie.

DannyBoy - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 10:47 AM

I already pay twice for the privilege of watching television - once for the pay or jail TV license and once for the Sky platform for a basic package. I refuse to pay any more. I love my motorsports but I am not being taken for a mug. I will just read news reports or watch it at the pub if there is no footy on.

Tompeters - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 10:55 AM

I just looked at the BBC license fee and I didn't realise that if you don't watch live tv and only use iplayer etc, then you don't have to pay the license fee.

F1 was the only program I ever watch live, the rest is through catch up so not only has F1 lost a viewer, but BBC has just lost a license fee payer.

husky78 - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 10:59 AM

10 million people watch F1 and thats not enough for the Beeb to actually broadcast F1 properly. yet they'll keep open 6 music which gets a max of 1mil listeners

Nathan3108 - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 11:05 AM

So F*cking angry about this the reason veiwings are high is because the bbc adverts with no adverts is so good. An now greedy b*stards have sold to sky who will ruin the sport like they have in the past.....time for my relationship with F1 to end and indy car to begin.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »