F1 » BBC, Sky Sports in joint F1 TV deal from 2012

In a dramatic shift for F1 viewers in the UK, it has been announced that the BBC and Sky Sports are to jointly broadcast the sport from next season onwards - although only one of them will show all of the races live

scampsuzi - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 11:28 AM

Once more the Great British public have been screwed. BBC's coverage of Moto GP has steadily become tardy and patchy and now they have given up half of F1!, blxxdy marvelous. I, along with an awful lot of other right thinking British people, will be sickened that Sky have got thier dirty little hands on Grand Prix. Mark my words, it will wither on the vine in this Country as most people cannot live with the absolute stench that pervades this nasty organization. £10 per Grand Prix?, you have to be joking!!

Dan - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 11:31 AM

This is absolutely terrible news! The BBC coverage has been excellent over the past couple of years and this move is surely a huge mistake?
F1 is about the only decent thing the license fee seems to go on and now they're getting rid of half the races?!
Prepare to see the decline of F1 in Britain.

Greggy_D - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 11:32 AM

This is truely awful news. How can Barney Francis comment that this is "great news for F1 fans" !? That has to be the biggest load of bullsh*t to come out of a persons mouth this side of the ice age.

Lets hope the teams and sponsors can see this is bad for both the sport and the fans, and FOTA continue their break-away series, cos I won't be watching F1 any more if this deal sticks!

Rallifan - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 11:34 AM

Someone mentioned a petition on petitionbuzzdotcom, ironically on the petition page there are advertisments for Sky TV! Maybe there hoping to change some peoples minds, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Stuart - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 11:37 AM

Frick it, I was too polite a few minutes ago:

Bernie - you're a bent, back-stabbing money grabbing SOB... 100% corrupt. To be blunt, you AIN'T F1 fella but you ARE an unscrupulous piece of work. Murdoch, you're just scum full stop.

Anyhow... Bernie - FECK RIGHT OFF!!!

What about the teams in all this - wasn't there a talk of a break-away, or backlash if it went this way? I want to see some strength now teams won't have sponsors being quite so forward with their cash as was mooted some time back when the rumours started, and to teams those sponsors are everything.

Dammit, need a beer now and it ain't even in the avo yet...

*walks away muttering*

mrfill - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 11:37 AM

Well I hope the German courts now take Bernies protestations about innocence in the same way as we take his statement about remaining live on free-to-air. A loan indeed pfffft. And I wonder what happens if/when the 'fit and proper person' inquiry results in ScumTV having their licence revoked.

Still, hardly surprising with a BBC loathing, Murdoch loving government.

Si23 - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 11:40 AM

I have been a hardcore fan of F1 for twenty years, I never miss practice,qualifying or a race in fact I arrange my personal life and work commitments around F1, I go to Grand Prix live (12), I purchase merchandise and several magazines a month.

I have to say that I am nothing short of disgusted at this announcement ! First they introduce quiet engines ! (they will be quiet, much quieter trust me) and try to fool us that they will still sound the same, and now this !

So what will this deal really mean ? adverts adverts and more adverts that's what ( much more than ITV used to subject us to - ever tried to watch NASCAR or IRL on SKY ? ) it will be crap ! On top of this they will show the races on different Sky Sports channels each week so that we are forced to sign up for the whole package instead of just SKY Sports 1 for example.

Well as far as I am concerned they can get f!!*#d because I am not paying to watch adverts and quiet cars that are less of a spectacle than GP2 !

I am goi

wtf - Unregistered

July 29, 2011 11:42 AM

Totally disgusting, thought BE said it would go to Channel 5 and had to remain on free TV? Well I for one wont be paying sky to watch, they have no other sport im interested in. Putting F1 on a bloody football channel!
Also where is my license fee going? more sh1t TV like eastenders and more period dramas!

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »