F1 » Heidfeld: I have a valid contract

Nick Heidfeld hits out at Renault and insists he has a valid contract with the team

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Liam48

August 25, 2011 6:33 PM

I think if he keeps his seat that'll make him even more determined to prove himself and prove Renault wrong... I'm a fan of Heidfeld i hope he keeps his seat and thedn moves to a team that'll welcome him and not blame their mistakes on him like the unprofessional Renault team

Shaun - Unregistered

August 25, 2011 6:44 PM

I agree with Liam48. He has been treated disgracefully by the Renault team and Eric Boull-sh*tieer who has used him as a scapegoat. Well Eric, heres a bit of a newsflash for you- why replace someone with plenty of experience, someone who has MORE points than his teammate, someone who has done a good job with a car which has sunk down the grid due to a lack of development, with someone who has an attractive second name but little ability. Mr Senna was often outraced by Chandhok and towards the end of the season was matched by Klien. Hardly the mark of a brilliant driver, just someone who has a bit of backing behind him (because of the name) and therefore a bit of power in the F1 paddock.
So go ahead there Eric. Throw in Senna and i bet you now, you'll have an absolutely miserable end to the season. Maybe Mr Money From My Russian Bankers and Senna can scrape a few 10th places every now and again.
Excellent management there Renault.

Trying-Yes-Very ! - Unregistered

August 25, 2011 6:54 PM

All that a contract does is to cover whether he can drive for any other team in any capacity. It will ensure he is paid either way though. If he gets a drive elsewhere the contract can be ended with little cost for Rigtheresult. Or they pay him to take gardening leave. Or even just pay him to the end of his contract and let him do as he wants to, like Kimi.
Even if they keep him in the car, it is so simple to make the car slower for him so that it looks like he isn't giving it his all - just like Massa's car is slower than Alonso's most of the time.
If Rigtheresult were hoping to get plenty of points then they made a wrong move taking on Bruno, maybe Frank Bruno would be as good .... ha ha ha

It will be interesting to see how many breakdowns Bruno gets.

Essexredneck

August 25, 2011 6:55 PM

I hope Heidfeld has them in court and rinses them. I hope compensation, restitution and legal costs come to more money than Senna and Grosjean can bring into the team. I doubt it though, 8 million dollars is small change for Senna's family and there's plenty more where that came from.

107SS2009

August 25, 2011 6:59 PM

I might be proven wrong but I honestly can't see Senna doing better than NH and am sure Renault boss is not expecting that, this mover on the part of Renault is all about the sponsorship money Senna will bring with him.

BadmanJose

August 25, 2011 7:35 PM

Nick if they will not honor your contract go for the money get as much as you can..This is business as usual
in F1. last time it was Force India. How many times
has money preempted any contract in this sport.

Contract..A binding agreement between two or more persons that is enforceable by law.

Nick if you gotta go, make them pay heavy, 20m+ sounds cool!

Jose

Rob01 - Unregistered

August 25, 2011 7:47 PM

My guess is that Nick signed a not so driver friendly contract. He was in great need for a ride and more than likely signed a compromised contract.

Jason G - Unregistered

August 25, 2011 7:49 PM

I hope Nick takes these guys to the cleaners. I have lost much respect for Renault.If Senna was indeed that much better the Nick then I may not have a problem with this. Nick is beating his teammate. His driving is acceptable in an unacceptable car. This is
F1.

I bet Senna doesn't perform. I bet you 5 bucks he doesn't.