F1 » 'Man of the match' Button third at Spa

Jenson Button: It wasn't as simple as just going from 13th to third today. At the start, somebody hit me at the rear and damaged a rear-wing endplate. At the exit of Turn One, there was debris everywhere, and somebody else's front wing went through my front wing and sliced my right-side mirror off. I also had to make an early pitstop, so it was hardly perfect!

UGGI

August 28, 2011 5:54 PM

It was amazing to see him on another charge, I hope his non-fans can acknowledge he came through the field, pulling off great overtakes, IN THE DRY, and fully deserved his place on the podium.

Taipan

August 28, 2011 6:11 PM

Another fantastic drive by JB, just how far ahead of Hamilton would he have been without the mechanical DNF's?

McLaren have one star diver and one petulant liability and the gulf in class between them is becoming very obvious to anyone who is willing to look.

arcuid

August 28, 2011 6:24 PM

Come on Taipan the Lewis bashing is getting to be a little too much. You don't like him. We get it. Can we just stick to the subject of Jenson's spirited driving? Well deserved podium finish after a disastrous miscalculation during qualifying.

Taipan

August 28, 2011 6:33 PM

arcuid, I don't think my post is unfair, plenty of people expected Button to get humiliated by Hamilton when he joined McLaren, but its not working out that way. If I had to bet on which of them would finish higher in the championship I would put the money on JB. He's simply a better F1 driver.

arcuid

August 28, 2011 6:45 PM

Taipan, Nope you are fair here but what I do notice is that you bash Lewis almost 24/7 even on a Jenson or a McLaren related thread that doesn't even have anything to do with Lewis. I know you thrive on winding up Hamilton fans but come on ease up a bit. Just saying.

Tealeaf - Unregistered

August 28, 2011 6:47 PM

@ Taipan

I totally agree with you and today is a sweet day for F1 on many different levels but don't put any money on Jenson finishing ahead of Sham, its not because Jenson can't do it because he can but Mclaren wouldn't allow it, their golden boy being beaten by an average driver would not make the shareholders and Ron smile. Maybe silvertone's tyre falling off, other mechanical failures and spa qualifying is just coincidences but highly suspicious if you ask me, and yes Jwnson is proving to be a better racing driver which is really funny to see, keep up the good work Jense but just a shame you're not allowed to be ahead of Sham come the end of the season.

DBL - Unregistered

August 28, 2011 6:48 PM

Although Schumacher came from 24th Button started 3rd, ended up behind Schumacher early on after making his stop to replace the damaged nose then finished 20+ seconds ahead of Schumacher. Great drive from the old man but Button was brilliant today.

Rob01 - Unregistered

August 28, 2011 6:49 PM

Please stop hating Lulu he's the best and most exciting driver in F1 and there's never been a better driver than him ever!!!!!
Lewis is bigger than F1 itself so lay off him he can do what he likes.

1 2 3 4 5  »