F1 » Hamilton: Still 'good chance' of McLaren 1-2

Lewis Hamilton: I'm happy to be starting on the front row - after Spa it gives me another opportunity to be right up there in the race and to bag a lot of points. Above all, I want to finish, of course; but I reckon I can get a good start from where I am, and, if there's an chance to get into the lead, I'll take it.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

fastlane66 - Unregistered

September 10, 2011 5:16 PM

Yes, it's possible. RB has design advantage and McLaren Mercedes has straight line speed advantage.
DRS will favor McLaren. So tomorrow race is Drag race between Red Bull and McLaren teams.

cassyo

September 10, 2011 7:14 PM

Should the start time arise, it might be by no means unusual for Alonso springing first.Let alone Rosberg as for unconvincing qually.My view is towards a Vettel- Alonso contest, spiced by pitstop policies in which RB have a slight advantage.Not excluding the mighty DRS of Maccas for the final part however.So:Vettel-Alonso-Button !

cknopp - Unregistered

September 10, 2011 7:15 PM

If Vettel can harness his .5s/lap advantage on the first 2 laps, the mclarens won't get close enough to deploy DES against him. Instead, they ...
will just fall further back by using it against each other

Crazy Niki - Unregistered

September 10, 2011 7:28 PM

Listen boys, you have never heard from me before but I know this, Hamilton will screw it up and Button will seize the moment, like I would if you were here with me. LOL Niki:)

richard

September 10, 2011 7:42 PM

rons gb. you seem to forget that mclaren are dragging around a barn door of a rear wing, and they cannot use drs and gain their speed advantage, until they catch the car ahead and are within 1 sec. with closed drs in practice, they were considerably off pace, so how will they catch the bulls?

pizzaboy

September 10, 2011 8:02 PM

My predictions -

Vettel won't win but still score enough to keep distance

Webber will land on podium (still get a bad start as usual)

Lewis will win the race

Bernie will slip on the bathroom floor (whoops, I said that out loud!) *Ctrl+Z*

ron'sgoldenboy - Unregistered

September 10, 2011 8:04 PM

richard, i was at work today and i caught a bit of q3 when Lewis made the mistake on his final run and MB suggesting that Lewis might of got pole if it wasn't for that mistake which made sense to me. But i did not see the live podium press conference but i have just watched it on the bbc f1 site and i will take back my comments that i posted earlier, because Lewis said he did not have a half a second in the bank and that Vettel was megga quick. So Lewis would not have made pole according to him.

1 2  »