F1 » Senna 'happy', but wishes race had been 'just one lap longer...'

Whilst team-mate Vitaly Petrov found himself in the wars and removed from the equation right at the start, Bruno Senna admitted he was delighted to score his first F1 points in only his second race for Lotus Renault GP at Monza

joy - Unregistered

September 12, 2011 12:49 PM

Glad to see Bruno come from a terrible start, and push all the way to the end

Congrats Bruno, saw you at Oulten 2006 in F3, good to show you can drive with the best of them

waz1164 - Unregistered

September 12, 2011 1:01 PM

great race for senna. Good to see him battle from the back and show his tallent. well earned points. Maybe now people will stop slaggin him off, he has shown he deserves a drive.

Foreigner - Unregistered

September 12, 2011 2:54 PM

A good race from Bruno, with an unfortunate start and a frenetic finish.

Two more facts: Bruno posted the fourth fastest lap with 1:26.895 and reached the fastest speed recorded at the speed trap with 347.0 km/h, followed by Massa and Perez at 342.8 km/h.

swingaxle8 - Unregistered

September 12, 2011 7:51 PM

@waz1164 I totally agree. I can't stand that everyone bags on him all the time. I know it's only two races but he's showing his skill and that he deserves to be here. I just hope that Renault keep him. If not then he deserves a ride somewhere else next season. I followed Ayrton for so long that I'm just happy that I'm seeing the name Senna back in the mix.

differentLeveL

September 13, 2011 12:07 PM

I'm sorry but I don't find a 9th place impressive when there were like 10 retirements with some strong drivers beaing taken out in the first lap + Webbo's retirement. Plus his early stop helped him because unlike others he didnt have to do a full medium run but even then he barely beat Buemi, not to mention his car is way stronger than the other midfield drivers. So far he has received too much hype from the team only because of their new Brazilian sponsor.

ADW - Unregistered

September 13, 2011 2:41 PM

I didn't say his result was impressive. Finding himself in last place at the end of the first lap wrote off any chance of a great result. But the drive was as good as anything we could have expected of Heidfeld in his hundred and somethingth GP. Bruno's showing continual and fast improvement, so yes I am impressed.