F1 » Sky 'could do a lot for raising the awareness' of F1

Amidst all of the uproar in opposition to the Sky/BBC F1 television deal, one man has spoken up in support of the controversial new arrangement...

Cobalt

September 14, 2011 6:20 PM

F1 was in America before. It never took off because it is not free to all.

Bernie missed out on a huge market that Amrica is. He cant see an elephant standing right in front of him!

dave - Unregistered

September 14, 2011 6:23 PM

He might be a Codemaster, but Common Sense Master, he clearly is NOT.

SKY will cripple F1, why on earth did Bernie need to do this awful deal ?

How many more Million Pound crystal baths do his daughters need ?

Rob01 - Unregistered

September 14, 2011 6:32 PM

Petra E. has spent 100 million on a house in the US as well as refurbishing the entire mansion. So be nice to Bernie, he needs the money. Just so you know where your money is going. Now pay that Sky bill.

Adey - Unregistered

September 14, 2011 6:42 PM

What a pointless waste of time this story is. The person who has commented obviously has his own interests at heart, and no doubt will love the endless graphics and wooshes that Sky will "add" to the show - it will make F1 look even more like his game.

Mark my words - this Sky/BBC deal is the start of the end for F1 in the UK. And all of the parties involved are too greedy to see that for themselves.

This life-long F1 fan says enough is enough: you've lost me from 2012 and I've already stopped my subscriptions to Autosport and F1 Racing.

Rob01 - Unregistered

September 14, 2011 6:46 PM

The real downfall started when Max allowed the second tier to join F1 for cheap. And then regulated the rule book to make the series a SPEC formula.

jit - Unregistered

September 14, 2011 6:56 PM

I have loved this sport for longer then i can remember. No matter where I was i was able to watch f1, be it home, friends houses, pubs, work, pretty much anywhere where there was normal tv. hell I even took time out on my wedding day to watch f1 this year which shows my commitment. BUT even though I have sky sports I will have to give up f1 because I don't always have access to sky (benefits of having a wife who hogs tv's) and don't want to watch half a season on bbc. So I guess it goodbye from me and can't wait to see this deal CRASH AND BURN

1 2 3 4 5  »