F1 » Kobayashi 'sorry for team', concedes Q2 crash 'my fault'

Kamui Kobayshi: I ended up in the wall in Q2 and the accident was my fault. I feel very sorry for the team. I took too much kerb in turn 10, the car jumped too high and this was the outcome.

fastlane66 - Unregistered

September 24, 2011 7:06 PM

I think Kobayashi has been putting too much pressure on himself. We can see the pressure and stress make his performance drop recently. Perez has out qualified against Kobayashi on several races but Kobayashi has consistency on distance. So I do not think he should put too much pressure on himself. I hope he will get back his concentration on race day.
He should take easy on himself and enjoy the race. Let hope Sauber gets back its 6th palace for Construction Championship from Force India soon.

Ruben - Unregistered

September 24, 2011 7:47 PM

A great man admits mistakes, even though it ain't entirely his fault.
Like Eddie said. Those kerbs are to high and that chicane shoudn't be there.
I rather see one 90 degree turn which creates a small change of overtaking.

Hype - Unregistered

September 24, 2011 11:54 PM

Schooled by Perez again! The reason Kobayashi shone in the past was because he compared well with this teammates, who happened to be truli, de la rosa, and heidfeld. consistent drivers but not necessarily known for their raw pace over a race distance. kobayashi is in their category - solid midfield performer. He's better served with a midfield team where the pressures of winning are not as high. Ferrari should look elsewhere.

Liam48

September 25, 2011 4:53 AM

That chicane is ridiculous... I've never liked it get rid of it and those stupid high kerbs... tbh don't like the track there's 90 degree turns everywhere...

Hope for a good points finnsh tomorrow Kamui

Taipan

September 25, 2011 7:32 AM

That turn 10 chicane has to be one of the worst corners in the history of F1, watching any F1 car go through it is just a mess. I've seen better laid out chicanes on the M4 contraflow!
It's the worst part of a completely terrible track. Think Vagas carpark with pretty buildings.

me - Unregistered

September 25, 2011 11:34 AM

sadly he's not the only one making mistakes there, others did to but ultimately he was the one to pay the highest price, and i must agree here with taipan in all the years i've watched formula1 i don't think i ever saw such a horrible chicane i really hope that for next year it will be gone.

p.s. kobayashi will get at least 1 point out of this race i'm sure he's too much of a fighter not to do it