F1 » Doctor sees no obstacle to Kubica return

Dr Riccardo Ceccarelli is confident that Robert Kubica will be fit enough to return to F1 competition next season.

A.S. - Unregistered

September 28, 2011 12:05 PM

Keeping my fingers crossed for competitive Robert in a competitive car in 2012. He'll be a legend if/when he comes back to his extraordinary speed :)

jpsi - Unregistered

September 28, 2011 12:54 PM

I hope dr Ceccerelli publishes a case study on robert.
I am curious about the medical bells and whistles
that they have in orthopedic surgery these days --
and I am sure he had state of the art tech beyond
his recovery.

Hocuspokus - Unregistered

September 28, 2011 1:12 PM

I RK wish him well and absolutely no ill will.
I wish this were true but I just don't believe it.

I once suffered serious nerve damage (and not anthing like as drastic as a 'partial severed arm either) in a crash and I know it means that nerves can do funny things long after the healing is supposedly done.
Involuntary actions for instance.

I just do not believe RK would be safe to himself or others if he was permitted to go back in an F1 car.
Sorry, I wish I could say otherwise but I can't.

elijah

September 28, 2011 1:38 PM

Robert suffered injuries to two of the three nerves in his right arm, and had severs of the tendons and muscles, but the feeling has come back to the fingertips. The muscles have been inactive for months and so need to recover tone and strength.....

Its pleasing to hear he's getting better but these injuries always leave their mark in terms of scar tissue which means his reactions will not be as fast as they used to be. It is not just a strong will which wins races, but the speed with which one reacts in the car to the fast moving racing environment.

MikeG - Unregistered

September 28, 2011 1:38 PM

Enough has been said about this already. The question is not whether Robert will be able to drive an F1 car again but rather whether he would be competitive. In a sport where two tenths of a second per lap make you a winner or a failure, there is no margin for error or injury. I for one wish Robert all the best, but will be very surprised to see the 100% recovery required.

Matt - Unregistered

September 28, 2011 2:29 PM

Excellent news. Kubica really does have that rare skill of driving a slow car faster than it should. Remember how well Panis was doing in the Prost before he had his big crash at Canada and was never the same again. I just hope Roberts accident hasn't effected his abilities.

1 2 3 4  »