F1 » Doctor sees no obstacle to Kubica return

Dr Riccardo Ceccarelli is confident that Robert Kubica will be fit enough to return to F1 competition next season.

50 Cent - Unregistered

September 28, 2011 8:00 PM

Richey - Let's establish the fact that Ceccarelli is a Doctor of Medicine and Surgery, and has specialized in Sport Medicine, in addition to having expertise in physio and postural diseases. I think most of the posters, including you, are judging Robert's rehab progress based on the information obtained from the media. Although you're entitled to your own opinion, I disagree with what you said. At this point, all I can say that you should really approach this with wait and see attitude as opposed to proclamation based on what you have read. BTW, Robert will hit the track in his kart in two weeks, and then we will see how that goes. At this point, Robert has progressed further than most thought he would be seven months ago.

richard

September 28, 2011 8:08 PM

nifty. no , i am not basing it on what i read, as a lot of spin is created, as in this article. my wife is a nurse and my cousin is a surgeon. buti have no medical knowledge, hence my comments. lets see what he can do in a car, then a racecar, then pass the fia medical tests, before we make a final judgement. for all we know, he could also have suffered psychologically as well. few (apart from lauda) have come back successfully from so severe an injury.

renegade - Unregistered

September 28, 2011 8:51 PM

When I was 24 I snapped my hand, it was completely out of action for 4 weeks and barely used for 8. The muscle wasteage and tendon tightening took months of rehab to recover from and even years later it is still not back to normal. RKs injuries were considerably worse and were inactive for months longer so it will take a lot of hard work just to get it usable never mind back up to full strength.

I hope he does drive next season but I doubt we will see the proper RK we all want back until 2013, 2012 will be all about getting back in to shape and finding his pace for the 1st half of the season at least.

50 Cent - Unregistered

September 28, 2011 10:06 PM

Richey - I appreciate your explanation, and I see where you coming from. But, still to talk judiciously about Kubica's health, with some degree of certainty requires intimate knowledge of his condition, and only Robert's doctors who see him on regular basis, and are familiar with his injuries, are qualified to express any kind of opinion. You, and your friends are on the outside looking in, and that's not a good position to be in to talk about what Kubica will or will not be able to do.

Sawyer - Unregistered

September 29, 2011 12:59 AM

Most excellent news. His comeback is sure going to make one hell of a PR story for whichever team he drives for, certainly the news he was signed by Ferrari prior to the crash shows the calibre he is held in. I mean it's just amazing when you think about where he was 7 months ago, truly the 6 million dollar man.

1Jez

September 29, 2011 6:32 AM

The only one damaging Renault's 2012 campaign prospects is Boullier. His comment that they need to know if Kubica will be ready by such an early date lest it damage the team is garbage. Heidfeld was dropped and Senna installed BETWEEN RACES, why can't Kubica be confirmed the week before the Australian GP?

DontTalkShite

September 29, 2011 8:11 AM

I have no doubt RK will be back in F1 next season. He may not be too competitive initially, as he will need to get his race fitness and strength back. However, what a story and his comeback will be eagerly covered by the media. LRGP would be mad not to confirm him now.
BTW, I suffered nerve damage in my back, ten years ago, and still have the effects of it today. For the first 2/3 years my legs would cramp and spasm involuntarily and uncontrollaby. This WILL be the biggest obstacle for RK, how much his nerves were damaged and their rate of improvement. All the best Robert.

« 1 2 3 4  »