F1 » Red Bull denies food reports

Red Bull denies it is planning not to use Japanese produce over radiation risk during its trip to the country for this weekend's F1 race

Filter Comments: All | Registered

1Jez

October 06, 2011 1:13 AM

You damn right the meat from Australia is high quality! :)

But seriously, the people at Red Bull are pretty clever and clever people don't make stupid knee-jerk reactions and make up their own science. I would be shocked if any of the F1 teams were so concerned about food contamination that they brought their own tucker in. Sounds like shoddy journalism for the initial report.

Mark - Unregistered

October 06, 2011 7:14 AM

I live in Northern Thailand and have friends that are Japanese who have left the country due to the nature of the lies there government tells them. I would be taking my own food and I am not important.

rtega - Unregistered

October 06, 2011 9:14 AM

I would take my own food as well. Of course they won't acknowledge this before the cameras. I was in the south of Japan for two months this summer (about 1000 km from Fukushima) and produce from the most radioactive prefectures is being sold all over the country without the government trying to do anything at all to inspect it.

Mark _

October 06, 2011 6:27 PM

Even though drug testing is not as tight as it is in cycling I expected that the teams would be pretty careful about their foods sources anyway. It seems perfectly reasonable for the teams to bring their own food regardless of the radiation issue.

Rob01 - Unregistered

October 06, 2011 8:10 PM

Yes Mark, unless I was fully confident of a local source for foods I wanted. Outside of that I would have my own food brought to the venue's. No matter what country I was in. No reason to jump on the Bulls.

Rob01 - Unregistered

October 06, 2011 8:16 PM

A few weeks ago at Monza, Mark Webber crashed and Adrian Newey's dominant RB7 was lifted off the track by a crane to the delight of the photographers below.

The photos and videos triggered rumours of an illegal floor, while the front wing went mysteriously missing.

"We only got half of it back. The other half is probably at Maranello," joked Newey, according to Germany's Auto Motor und Sport.

More seriously, the report said Red Bull's competitors are once again concerned about the flexibility of the 2011 car's floor, which in the detailed Monza photos showed scratches only in the areas not measured by the FIA scrutineers.

"That would not be legal," said Auto Motor und Sport.

Another bone of contention is Red Bull's expenditure, with rivals including McLaren amazed that the team could arrive at the high speed Monza circuit recently with a totally bespoke package.

"Three sets of wings, engine cover and floors cost EUR 800,000 in production, plus wind tunnel costs. For us it would b