F1 » New Jersey set to host second US GP

Bernie Ecclestone is set to announce a new Grand Prix to be held in the United States from 2013 in the form of a street race in New Jersey, suggest reports.

richard

October 22, 2011 6:22 PM

should this headline not have a question mark at the end. i am a sceptic, and until there is a formal announcement, it is just a "report" possibly put about by hopeful promoters. with so many new tracks been and being built to satisfy bernie, there is no free space for another race. any country that has built a track recently must be very nervous. maybe there is a feeling that a captive audience might bring in more money. granted there are a number of american fans, but i think an indy race in the ny streets would be a lot more successful?

swingaxle8 - Unregistered

October 22, 2011 6:26 PM

Everyone here can bag on the Northeast all you want but there is really nothing wrong with the Northeast or Jersey or New York. New york is the greatest city in the US,. I'd much rather go to the Northeast then redneck Texas anyday. Texas is the armpit of America as far as I'm concerned. New York and Jersey are so stereotyped it's disgusting. I bet more then three quarters of the people who write on these forums probably have never even been to Jersey or New York. Watching too many movies.

devilsadvocate - Unregistered

October 22, 2011 7:31 PM

Swingaxle8... Just can't few over the fact that in the same paragraph with you whining about jersey and new york being stereotyped, you write off Austin as being in "Redneck Texas"

Cute

50 Cent - Unregistered

October 22, 2011 7:44 PM

"New york is the greatest city in the US" the only people that say that are people who's never been any place else. New Jersey - isn't that a place where Tony Soprano hangs out??...

Havik - Unregistered

October 22, 2011 8:26 PM

I agree with the poster who suggested it be on the west coast, but maybe I'm biased because it's cheaper for me to fly to California than it is to New Jersey.

I'm happy to see F1 come to the US, I just wish it was a bit more accessible.

Dario - Unregistered

October 22, 2011 8:53 PM

The GP in Texas is already close to the west coast, so why would there be another. The closest the east coast gets is Indianapolis, maybe Montreal, so this isn't unfair.

Also, as far as how real this is, the mayors of 2 NJ cities scheduled a press conference for Thursday to be held in the area that was discussed as the location.

Personally, I like a bit of work to get to a GP. I don't want it a 1 hour subway ride away. I'm corossing my fingers against.

EIT by CRASH.NET! Inapropriate remark removed.

swingaxle8 - Unregistered

October 22, 2011 10:28 PM

@50 cent well you do realize that Soprano is a fictional character. Amazing another sterotype about Jersey and secondly I've actually been to quite a few places in the US and it's mine and a lot of other people's opinion that New York is the best place. Compared to anything in Texas especially which is again the ARMPIT of the US I wish they would secede. New York has the best food, people, and culture in the US. Quite the contrary majority of people who say that New York isn't a nice or great place are the one's who have never been there and probably never leave where they are from. Probably people either from the CA coast or the deep south. 50 cent it's all opinion dude it's all good bro.

swingaxle8 - Unregistered

October 22, 2011 10:30 PM

@devilsadvocate hey I wasn't whining about anything I was actually defending the two places. And yes I am writing off Austin I've been there a lot and there is NOTHING good about it or anything from Texas for that matter. Whining? I'm actually being honest. Go Jersey or New York sometime. Blows Texas out of the water.

jj - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 12:36 AM

You say NYC and you're entitled to your opinion, but it's all relative as to what you think is great. I know plenty of people who hate NYC as much as you love it, and they are people who grew up and lived in NYC for many years.

Also to say Texas is "close to the west cost" is like say London is close to Moscow. Not that close.

Either way I'm glad to see races come to the states, but the bigger question is how long will they stay vs other new venues.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »