F1 » New Jersey F1 race confirmed

F1 to race in New Jersey from 2013 onwards

anonymous - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 1:21 PM

Will Crash make a poll on which long-standing high quality classic racetrack will be axed to make room for this?

Doesnt matter, since the BBC won't be showing it anyway, at least half the UK viewers won't be able to watch it live and many, like me, won't bother at all.

Droog

October 26, 2011 1:25 PM

Will someone please start IHateBBCandSkyF1Deal.com so that we can finally stop hearing about it all the time.
Fer cryin out loud, learn to pirate if it bothers you so much, you still have three races to practice on.
Geesh, move on.

F1 magnet - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 1:33 PM

As a Brit that has lived in Texas for the last few years, and is now (at the end of the month) moving to New Jersey, I cam only assume that I am some kind of F1 magnet! Haha.

To my friends back home, trust me, Austin is a great city and not 'red neck' as you seem to think. I have travelled far and wide in this world, and Austin is one of my favorite cities. Put your prejudice away for a minute and come check it out. Great place.

Meanwhile, if Spain and Italy were big enough for two GP, then the US sure is big enough for two GP!!

Aye - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 1:34 PM

I agree with Drooq. Who cares if the F1 isn't going to be on the BBC all the time? I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but if you don't have SKY in this day and age then there's something wrong with you.

As for the race, it doesn't matter where in the world a Grand Prix is being held, if it's exciting then that should be enough. I follow the WRC and I used to think that there were too many boring rallies but they have proved me wrong loads of times. So just give New Jersey a break. You never know, it might turn out to be great.

Taz - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 2:00 PM

@Aye

What a bullsh1t statement, just because we aren't all sheep and want to fill the Murdochs pockets doesn't mean there is anything wrong with us...apart from havign a brain and realising it's not a great thing long term for F1.

Mark - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 2:24 PM

Another track by Herman? the little one must be in bed with him, cause they design all the most boring tracks..yes, they are beautiful, but boring - all cookie cutter designs.

And for this street race - the union labor will surely "muck it up" as the organizer won't be able to lift a finger without a union steward there with his hand out. I give it 2yrs at best before the union boys kill it.

Bystander - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 2:33 PM

Just a thought... I'm sure several other places have said they have races "confirmed" but then Bernie comes and stamps on it and says it's not true. Have we actually heard anything from Bernie about New Jersey yet?

I do recall Rome being told that no country could hold 2 GPs and Monza (rightly) wasn't prepared to share. Apart from Spain, of course... Valencia is one of my favourite cities and I try hard to like the race but I am failing. I think we have to wait and see what an NJ race is like before judging it... but a decent track should not be dropped for this reason!

« 1 2 3 4 5  »