F1 » New Jersey F1 race confirmed

F1 to race in New Jersey from 2013 onwards

Mikeyy - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 9:52 PM

Im not american but this track definatly needs to be unique theirs to many track by the health and saftey inspector herman tikle i think let the public or some aspiring designers come up with a layout that will work obviously with the watchfull eye of whoever makes sure its a safe track etc.. but it would be more special and exciting if it was done something like that i get bored of seeing all these track with long striaghts and hairpins which make for boring racing and have to have insane run offs and the crowds end up a mile from the track becuase herman tikle thinks it a good idea that car should be travelling 200mph upto a hairpin trying to create overtaking chances when the best circuits in the world were we get great racing there is'nt huge run off and straights and hairpins lets see a poroper street track like monaco where theres no room for mistakes and the spectators are close to the action thats what racing is truly about.

Steve - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 10:27 PM

I don't think we'll see any races dropped for New Jersey. paired with Montreal, those two are probably the closest circuits logistically on the 2013 calendar, you could drive from Montreal to NJ in half a day easily, maybe less.

sodesu

October 26, 2011 11:55 PM

I think the proposed layout looks reasonably promising TBH, the section between the hairpin and start/finish straight should be able to provide an overtaking opportunity and possibly some other places too. There are even some nice, flowing corner combinations, not just the usual stop-and-go you tend to get on other street circuits. On the other hand, I can only think of ONE street circuit used in modern times that actually provide exciting racing. But thankfully there are a few similarities between it and this... I think I'll label myself cautiously positive about it at least for now, haha.

racy - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 11:55 PM

Well I see the majority of Brits are pissed off. Too bad fellows since I am out of pity this year. If the Jersey race comes off I will be really suprised since they are broke except for cut backs on teachers salarys, etc. However, I would attend a Jersey race before ever driving 20 hours to Austin for the second hottest, dryest state in America. Just adds a few hours from the previous Indy drive. My question is-where are we supposed to park? Indy in St Pete is bad enough. At least Indy-napolis had plenty of parking. If I have to park 15 miles away and take shuttles will not attend. Good nite all and chill out..

Northern Rivers F1 - Unregistered

October 27, 2011 7:39 AM

It's a buisness so having two races in the continent that sells the most cars makes sense. It will also help attract constructors back. Maybe even the Japanese again. Bernie is ruthless not stupid. It looks like Turkey will go 'I hope',the only thing I'll miss about that is Turn 8. Valencia is another one that I wouldn't miss either. Should be a great race and atmosphere in New Jersey.

tengu

October 27, 2011 8:12 AM

ONBOARD VIDEO

Hey guys, I live down the street from the proposed 2013 circuit. I did a quick 2 min video and it's good quality. Hope this gives you an idea of what the drivers will see in 2013!

Put the below after the youtube . com address and do as the parenthesis say

/watch?v(equal sign)C1355ED0L1g&feature(equal sign)youtu.be

Calvin _

October 27, 2011 9:01 AM

Tilke. If we can agree that he doesn't always design crap tracks, then we have to agree that his track record is only average. That being the case, why does BE always go to him for a new track? Does he receive a consultancy fee from Tilke?

@racy, I read that the NJ race will not be funded by public funds.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »