F1 » Massa critical of kerbs after crash

Felipe Massa: I came into Turn 8 and went over the kerb and the front right suspension gave way in the impact with the raised orange part, which in my opinion is too high at this point. It's a very fast corner, taken at around 215 km/h and it could be arranged differently. These are details that need improving for next year.

RobG

October 29, 2011 2:14 PM

@ Massa on Friday evening
I like the track, it is very interesting and there are corners where driving skill can make the difference.

How about you show us your skill in these corners??

CarlosCabeto

October 29, 2011 2:21 PM

I am sorry Massa, I'll have to disagree with you about the kerb issue!! It was the same track, same turn, same kerb for everyone, I say all drivers had to cope with that exat same kerb, and none apart from you had that problem, in other words, same obstacles for everyone hun, and who ever went arround it the quiquest, got the best time.
It actually would be nice if you'd take some of the blame yourself as it was seen on the TV, you just tooke waaaaayy too much kerb.

Ptolomy - Unregistered

October 29, 2011 2:28 PM

I don't think there should be a kerb that is tall enough to rip the suspension off a car. You guys are being too hard on Massa. He's had enough undue emotional trauma already after his freak accident and after he was cheated out of the '08 title. Give the guy some slack.

John - Unregistered

October 29, 2011 2:49 PM

You race between the white lines... that's the track.
Ok, you can take a bit of kerb, but that's raised to make it a bit of a penalty... You can put 3/4 of your car off the track, but keep 2 wheels on the track or you get a drive through penalty... If you choose to race off the track in India (that is to say, cheat), THERE IS A PHYSICAL PENALTY!!!
If you race in the spirit of the sport, i.e. on the track, there isn't a problem.
Massa, you tried to cut the corner, mis-judged it and paid the penalty... simple.

Roadrunner - Unregistered

October 29, 2011 3:11 PM

Kerb critical of Massa after encounter

"I was just sitting there in turn 8 when Massa came and hit my raised orange part, which has just the right hight, if you ask me. He was very fast, around 215 km/h, and should have approached me differently. His driving needs improving for next year."

The Kerb refused to take any responsibility for the damage to Massa's front suspension. "What should I have done? I couldn't even move."

you idiots - Unregistered

October 29, 2011 4:18 PM

you all idiots that was a stump of concrete started to poke out more and more all other cars been running over it and each time it took more earth out... even the report said there is a hole forming prior to the orange concrete... so it is a matter of time.

In any fast corners everyone ride the kerb if your stupid answer to Massa is to stay on the black stuff then why not put a concrete post there on every apex instead.

Jesus some of you people are beyond stupid.

1 2 3 4  »