F1 » Button: I just couldn't close Vettel down

Jenson Button: This was a very good result for us - and I think we delivered the maximum possible...

Filter Comments: All | Registered

andy - Unregistered

October 30, 2011 6:17 PM

Another class drive by a class bloke up against a superior car. Vettel clearly the driver of the year - who do you reckon should be second Button or Alonso? I think maybe Button edges it after the second half of the year.

dcts46 - Unregistered

October 30, 2011 8:09 PM

Button again proving he is a better racer than qualifier ( there's no points for qualifying , although maybe there should be and fastest lap ? ) Vettel seems unstoppable in his current car , drives well within his capabilities with some to spare I think .

Pete Lacey - Unregistered

October 30, 2011 10:11 PM

Another brilliant drive Jenson. With a little more pace you could have won. Keep it going and runner-up spot is surely yours. Fantastic and good luck in Abu-Dhabi.

ENRICO - Unregistered

October 31, 2011 1:15 AM

Button at the moment, day IN DAY OUT IS THE:

BEST of the REST.

It hurts me to say this because I like Hamilton,but I am a sportsman first.
My personal ranking at the moment is:
1st,2nd,3rd are VETTEL
4 BUTTON
5 ALONSO
6 LULU
For next spots it like playing BINGO.

Ciao, Enrico

Nick636 - Unregistered

October 31, 2011 6:35 AM

Top order would be reversed if they were in the same car? I think not.

I'm a jenson fan through and through, but Seb is the fastest guy out there bar none. If it was 80% and the red bull was that much better, every single race would've been a red bull 1-2 this year.

Gr8 circuit though. Good drive by jens:)

oldtimer - Unregistered

October 31, 2011 7:13 AM

Button had a poor practice but he knows how to sort out his problems and the race was a different matter. Second half of the season he has upped his game and is up
a league for me. Hamilton does'nt seem to be able to get a grip and Button has usurped his position at McClaren in his head if not in fact. Next season will be the acid test, with the best car (hopefully) Button could well repeat 2009 and Hamilton is going to have to get totally sorted to match Button's methodical improvement and consistency. Pole position on occasions and colliding with Felipe Massa every weekend for whatever reason is not going to get Hamilton winning on a regualar
basis. He needs to start again, literally.

1 2  »