F1 » Button: DRS will spice up Abu Dhabi

Jenson Button: It's usually been quite difficult to overtake here, especially last year, but I think that DRS will change all that. The back straight is one of the longest in F1 so I expect to see a lot of action there...

107SS2009

November 06, 2011 8:41 AM

Sushi, you have a right to be one of the so called (people that watches FI) and gets excited by the artificiality of the press to pass buttons as much as I have a right for my opinion of them. Although what I said seems to be a bit too much for your mind capacity I will repeat that the overtaking problem (aero) was of the FIA's own making with their engine development restrictions which drove the teams to fully concentrate on aero (mostly loopholes) this is shown by the fact that the car with what was perceived by most as the least powerful engine turned out to be untouchable and let me now tell you that with the new for 2014 engine regulations the teams will be forced to concentrate more on aero loopholes like when a mouse is boxed, if he cannot find a hole he will dig it.
Re the engines in FI, the following might interest some, the latest information I have goes, at present, Mercedes 819bhp, FERRARI 804bhp, Renault 785bhp, Coswarth 780bhp. The concentration on exhaust development ha

richard

November 06, 2011 9:30 AM

sunny. you are correct. sushi sems to be a newcomer to the sport, who cannot remember when races were RACES, not glorified video games. how many times in the last few years have we seen engines blow due to being stretched to their max in a RACE? not that i want to see a race won or lost by engine failure, but it was an indication of teams taking their engineering skills to the max. thats what i want to see.

ilovesushi - Unregistered

November 06, 2011 12:08 PM

I did not write about engines etc I answered your ill considered thoughts on DRS. I repeat, you really want boring processions, like the Schu era when you knew who was going to win after the first corner? Well I don't, nor do most others. I want to see races like Canada, where Jens has to restart from the back and fight his way through for a gigantic win, having passed the other several times.
EDIT by CRASH.NET! Poster attack removed.

107SS2009

November 06, 2011 12:59 PM

Sushi, when posting my last post I was considering if it was worth it or not, it seems I have wasted both mine and your time as it turned out to be as I suspected too much for your mind set.
In my last attempt, forget about engines and consider the following, most likes to see the driver they support winning a race so I don't blame you about Canada but you cannot blame others who supported MS who use to win all races or those that supports SV who won most this year, there was no difference this year from MS'S winning times and there will not be any difference if the driver you support will be winning most races.
Boring FI races are so called only by fan boys and then only when the driver they support is not winning.

107SS2009

November 06, 2011 1:21 PM

And sushi you might have been watching (not following) F1racing far longer than Richard as he is turning 21 this year! as Against the more than 60 of yours.
And please be assured that he is a bright light indeed over these pages.

ilovesushi - Unregistered

November 06, 2011 1:22 PM

107SS2009
This post is about DRS not about the relative horsepower output of various current engines.
Yes there is a big difference between the Schu years and now. Vettel has won all his races, this year and last on merit alone. No team orders involved. Webber, Jens or Ham also win on that basis. Schumacher won many races and at least two championships by out and out team orders or by very questionable tactics. Some may call it cheating. So Vettel can look in the mirror and know he did it the right way, the gentleman's way.
Plus we've had several different winners this year.
Whoever wins I want to see it done with honesty.

ilovesushi - Unregistered

November 06, 2011 1:37 PM

I might add that watching and following F1 is the same thing, especially when you have been actively involved in various capacities for a long time.
If Schu fans were happy seeing him win everything by fair means or foul, then they are only deluding themselves, as doubtless he was.
The big difference is that I am a fan of F1 of very long standing, and I would be most unhappy to see Vettel, Jens or Ham win everything using the Schu style of motor racing.
Whoever wins, I want integrity. It was the sport of gentleman, once upon a time, so please don't presume to lecture me about this sport, especially if you are 21 years old or whatever.

107SS2009

November 06, 2011 1:51 PM

Sushi, I am actually more than one year older than 21 and very unimpressed with what you said trackside racing experience and all including your accumulated (at least as claimed by you) many years.
As to the engines HP output I have no doubt it is of no interest to you!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »