F1 » Kubica to miss start of 2012

Robert Kubica to miss the start of the 2012 F1 season after failing to regain fitness in time

Bradenws

November 23, 2011 9:55 AM

I was worried when he got injured that it would be career-altering. He can't afford to sit out too long. There's only a limited amount of time everyone has to break into the top, and I can only hope it won't be too late by the time he's back, assuming he does return (here's hoping).

Bystander - Unregistered

November 23, 2011 10:02 AM

A real shame - but coming back not fully fit would not benefit him.

There are two factors really 1. Will he be physically able to drive the car and get all the flexibility back in his hand? and 2. Can he mentally recover to race? On no2, I think if anyone can, Kubica can - but no1... only time will tell.

I sincerely hope he can come back mid-2012 and be back to his best - and then get into a Ferrari for 2013!

Daniel - Unregistered

November 23, 2011 10:08 AM

Very sad he could of had a very good 2011 season i think but things happen i jist he gets fully hit and comes back to F1 with Renault or rumored ferrier in 2012 :P

See you back soon Kubic!

The Vern - Unregistered

November 23, 2011 10:30 AM

I wish only the best for Kubica but I'm puzzled why so many people see him as a future star.

I see a safe, competent pair of hands but when did he ever set the grid on fire?

richard

November 23, 2011 11:11 AM

i and others were criticised when we doubted that robert would be ready for testing in october, then november, and even for next year. but despite positive spin by his own doctor, it still appears unlikely that he will be driving f1 next year or possibly ever. its all very sad, but reality should prevail. if he returns to driving, it will proably be in a lesser formula.

RickyHaych - Unregistered

November 23, 2011 11:43 AM

Was always going to be difficult to come back from such awful injuries. A partially severed hand is a very serious injury. Hopefully there will be a return as he is an amazing driver but there's no guarentees he'll ever race in f1 again.
Good luck with the recovery Mr Kubica

Redstone - Unregistered

November 23, 2011 12:05 PM

I would love to be proved wrong and I hope I am, but I can not see Robert ever being fit enough again to resurrect his F1 career. If he can not return with pace at Renault I feel it will be unlikely, with the new talent coming up from the lower formulas will curtail the larger and middle order teams from risking a chance on a driver who is now an unknown quantity after his accident especially now that the teams must ensure good sponsorship in the present world financial climate. It looks to me as if, unfortunately Robert will join the list of drivers who should have been world champion. My best wishes for a speedy and full recovery Robert Kubica and that you prove me wrong.

1 2 3 4  »