F1 » Brundle confirms Sky move

Martin Brundle has finally confirmed his expected move from the BBC to cover F1 on Sky Sports.

Nat - Unregistered

November 27, 2011 12:40 PM

As crap as the whole Sky deal is for alot of people...could you really blame him for jumping ship? I think deep down Brundle would of stayed if BBC had all the live races on free to air.

F1 is going to be so depressing for me next year.....*sigh

James Montgomery

November 27, 2011 12:47 PM

Very mixed emotions about this...... in Jersey, our choices are either freeview or sky - in my case, I've had it for 10 years so watching it on sky won't make a huge amount of difference to me, however it is going to be annoying and confusing trying to keep track of what channel to be on for what race!

50% tax, you can't help but feel that money had a large factor to do with his move!

I really don't see F1 coverage going to be very good on either channel next year however :(

Taipan

November 27, 2011 12:50 PM

I wouldn't mind having Croft as the BBC commentator next year, as long as he doesn't bring his side kick Anthony Davidson with him, tedious little man.

As long as nobody at the Beeb has the bright idea of bringing Allen or Leggard out of retirement, God save us from that frightful prospect!

richard

November 27, 2011 12:54 PM

brundle got in a plug or two about sky, yesterday! apart from this, had he stayed with bbc, he would have been paid as much as this year as he was required to present not only live broadcasts, but to continue doing the same walkabouts etc for the highlights.
so for him, it is ALL about the money.
i believe that dc, ej and jake are all staying with bbc. but i suppose things can change.

Clondikemike - Unregistered

November 27, 2011 1:09 PM

WGAFF I won't be watching Sky so who commentates on it If the guy has got himself a pay hike good luck to him.
TV coverage of F1 in the UK is destined to be for a small amount of enthusiasts who will fork out ever increasing amounts to view on SKY until it implodes.

mickymike - Unregistered

November 27, 2011 1:45 PM

I used to watch F1 0n SKY and it wasnt bad.In fact John Watson and Ben Edwards made a great commentary team.Especially as it was all done from Biggin Hill not trackside! If I remember rightly,Damon Hill was also Involved.Sky also did a reasonable job with A1 GP. I just hope and pray they keep the Indycar coverage.It would be good if they covered GP2 and GP3 too.Eurosports coverage is a bit patchy to say the least!Oh,and while Im at it,live coverage of DTM. Yes a SKY Motorsports channel would be great

Taipan

November 27, 2011 2:36 PM

MickyMike, I agree, John Watson did a couple of the free practice sessions on the BBC this year when Davidson was AWOL and I thought he was very good, I'd be happy to hear more from him.

Sunny, If it's all or nothing for EJ lets hope it's the later! lol

1 2 3 4  »