F1 » Brundle confirms Sky move

Martin Brundle has finally confirmed his expected move from the BBC to cover F1 on Sky Sports.

richard

November 27, 2011 7:21 PM

doris, i am not very technical, but when i am in austria, i get free to air on orf and/or rtl. if you get a mag, such as "what satellite" you can see which sat these are shown on. i think that they are all on astra. you will get the coordinates from the mag. then just turn on bbc radio.
i presume that you are in uk, but when rtl was on early astra (analogue) i was able to receive it here, so presumably the current digital transmissions are also receivable here. good luck with it.

F1Fan - Unregistered

November 27, 2011 7:32 PM

The important people of F1: the fans are never listened to and our opinions are never considered. Such a shame. The question has to be asked, 'Why does Bernie need more money?' We have lost Texas because he wants more money. I have been a fan of F1 since, 'Our Nigel' took the title and I am lost for words. Colourful metaphors could not describe the intense feeling of disgust that I currently have. All I can offer is a Felipe Massa like sarcastic, 'Well Done' to the BBC for letting F1 slip through their fingers for more interesting programmes like Strictly Come Dancing. I shall treat this decision with the contempt that it deserves. With the current cost of life why should we pay more? I shall end with a Harry Enfield quote, 'Oi! Bernie! No!'

Wealthy F1 Fan - Unregistered

November 27, 2011 8:02 PM

Lets face it - no doubt superb sky coverage plus brundle equals absolute class.

I hope DC goes with him as they have been excellent together. Crofty and Brundle together I can't see.

I'm just pleased that us richer F1 fanatics get the commentary we deserve before the lumpenproletariat. I work damn hard at a top investment bank and being able to afford the better coverage and seeing the races first is just another reward for doing well.

Dave S - Unregistered

November 27, 2011 8:25 PM

All these massive F1 fans who are so committed to the sport they will only watch it if it presented to them for free. Pathetic.

And let's hear it for all the principled people - "I won't give a penny of my money to Murdoch" blah blah blah. All very right-on and marvellous, but I bet your trainers were made by a 7 year old in Taiwan.

Sky raises the bar on coverage for every sport it gets involved in. Can't wait.

F1 for Free - Unregistered

November 28, 2011 9:18 AM

@ CLAW

thanks for the link that will come in very handy I can't get SKY because of where i live we are not allowed a Dish on the house because its listed building and in a conservation area, I can't get virgin either it not in the village (not that they have the channel yet anyway) so my only option was freeview

richard

November 28, 2011 10:36 AM

f1 for free. but what a lot of people forget is the fact that a sky dish does not have to be on the house. on my old house, i had it sitting on the ground in the garden beside a tree! on my sons house, i had it on the superlap at the end of the garden.the dish can go ANYWHERE where there is an uninterrupted angle to the satellite. (unlike old analogue aerials that had to be as high as possible)

richdwarf - Unregistered

November 28, 2011 1:08 PM

The Brundle Coolthud partnership was awful . Just Brunders getting a job for his pal. good riddence. Maybe he will improve now big brother brunders is gone.
Would be nice if Humphries went back to childrens tv as frankly the bbc just talk everything to death.
Keep eddie cos it allows me to marvel at how someone with such little idea could have run a F1 team.

Welshy32 - Unregistered

November 28, 2011 2:47 PM

Kind of glad about this. Brundle is the best commentator going, and often he is the only part of F1 that has made it worth watching for a few seasons now.. Somehow he even made THAT race in Indy worth watching

Richy Rich

November 28, 2011 3:07 PM

Traitor. Clearly not interested in the fans as there'll still be more people watching BBC coverage next year. It's about the money, and Murdoch's Mafia money at that. Why can't he take a 'hit' for the fans and stay where more people will be watching? Ah, he's got to fund his Le Mans drive next year hasn't he... I'll be going as usual, but not sure if I can be bothered cheering him on. 'Fans' are supposed to stick together.

« 1 2 3 4  »