F1 » Brundle confirms Sky move

Martin Brundle has finally confirmed his expected move from the BBC to cover F1 on Sky Sports.

bob williams - Unregistered

November 28, 2011 4:22 PM

Shame. I have the utmost respect for Martin Brundle. In my opinion he's peerless. His knowledge of the sport and his gridwalk are unmatched. (Read his book 'Working the Wheel' to understand the depth of his knowledge and experience.) I won't be paying for Sky, but I'd do the same if I was in his shoes. I blame the BBC - hypocrites - they can find the money for their senior managers.

PTS - Unregistered

November 28, 2011 8:31 PM

I'll be glad for the change, hopefully Daivd Croft. I think the cometary has been lacking with 2 former drivers recently, both Coulthard and Brundle (although very knowledgeable) are too similar in their styles.

nobby - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 2:51 AM

I agree with the comment "BBC tv talks everything to death". To a degree, ITV do the same. Solution - tune in to any Sport Broadcast 1 - 2 minutes before the Start/ Kick-off, whatever, and that way you avoid all the burble/drivel churned out by the Humphreys/Brundles/Jordans/Chiles et al of the Sports/Broadcasting world, all of whom are paid far too much money just to bore the pants off you !!
I tune in to watch an Event, whatever the Channel and not to listen to a bunch of Prats who love the sound of their own voices, all mouthing off just to fill in expensive chunks of very expensive air-time.

Bob - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 7:39 AM

I for one am sad that the coverage will not be on the BBC as it was this year. I think that the current team (yes, including Eddie, Ted and Lee) are all bang on! Martin and David are great together and know what they're on about. The best commentary team yet! All the support team also do a bang up job - including Eddie. Yes, he may be a bit of a d*ck sometimes, but it's a good contrast and something to laugh/cringe at from time to time. Once again, ALL have F1 first hand experience which in invaluable.

Bob - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 7:48 AM

It's a shame, but I will be watching F1 on sky from next year. I am a true fan and want to watch it live, as it should be. I don't give a rats ass who owns the channel that will be broadcasting it - I WANT TO WATCH F1, NOT GET HIGH AND MIGHTY ON MY MORAL HORSE! All those slagging Brundle off for going - GET A GRIP! If someone offered you way more money and better facilities to do your job - YOU WOULD GO. Anyone who says differently is a liar or just thick! And all the moral preachers out there slagging off about Murdoch and sky - I guess you don't shop at Primark and use electronic equipment (iPhones etc.) that are all made by chinese/indian 'slaves' working for 50 pence an hour?? ********! Get over it! I just wish that ALL of the team were going to sky cause they have done a fantastic job this year and it will be a team sorely missed. I think Jake Humphrey has done a particularly great job at hosting too!

bob - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 10:09 PM

if i could ditch the licence fee and just pay for Sky i probably would but there's no way i'm paying two fees. i don't pay for a licence to be bombarded by ad breaks either, which is what Sky will do, and if they follow ITV's format of a break every nine minutes it would just make me throw the Digibox out of the window!!

« 1 2 3 4