F1 » Webber: Brazil win very important for me

Mark Webber: It feels very good; it's always nice to win. The battle with Sebastian wasn't a strong battle in the end because he had a problem, but even so, my pace was strong and I felt very good in the car.

Jagworth - Unregistered

November 27, 2011 11:48 PM

agree with you EnRiCo47. Congrats to MW, and Webber's honesty is always refreshing. Anybody that believes RBR staged the Brazil result is nuts. Yes if SV had a healthy car he would have finished 30 secs ahead of MW but he didn't have so he maturely nursed a wounded car home to get the 1-2 finish for the team, which is what he is paid to do and that's why he is deserved WDC. Watch RBR in 2012 because apart from a great car they have the best team pairing on the grid.

Googolplex

November 28, 2011 4:53 AM

I'm pleased as punch for Mark. This will give him and his side of the garage the extra pep they need to get re-motivated for 2012, after what has been a pretty difficult year. I also thought Seb's good humour and generous spirit in giving Mark a big pat on the back at the end of the race (on top of how well he handled the blown tyre in Abu Dhabi) showed how far he has come in terms of maturity. He has moved a long way from the young bloke who in 2010 could get a little petulant when things didn't go his way.

Capi - Unregistered

November 28, 2011 5:34 AM

What a fuss this sport has become that a person sitting comfortably somewhere else decides who wins and not the actual driver. Ban the radio.

EnRiCo47

November 28, 2011 8:36 AM

@@@@GOOGOLPLEX..

I know you are pleased so I am .

But I remembered that when I joined this site and was not registered and used the names of the countries of mybirth and where i lived most of my life(ITALY, AUSTRALIA)you could hardly contain your anger at me because I dared to be critical of him and call myself Australia.

My real name is Enrico.
I still consider Mark an average driver, but from what I saw on TV he he a TOP BLOKE ,mate.
I totally understand why you are so besotted with him:
everybody s brother, or son.
Certainly he is the opposite of how Leyton Hewitt presents himself.

Long live Hamilton and V. Rossi, but Vettel and Stoner have been a cut above.

Ciao
Enrico

elijah

November 28, 2011 10:16 AM

Congratulations to Webber.

Webber's win is I hope the springboard he needs to give us much more performance in 2012. He was only about 2/10 slower than Vettel in qualifying which isn't bad. So if he carriers this momentum into the new season it could be a really good competitive year on the track.

bjr - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 12:05 AM

I reckon there's a couple of thing Mark needs to focus on next season seeing as he might be getting the boot from Red Bull.

(1) Qualify on pole and set the fastest lap of the race, BUT finish behind Seb, preferable right up his gearbox. This sends a clear message about who's the best driver to the other teams and allows Red Bull to provide Mark with the best car they can without the worry that Mark will upset their prefered race finish order.

(2) Build up as much financial backing as he can so towards the end of the season he can demonstrate he's got both talent AND money. Hopefully this can get him into a good car.

At the moment Mark is sitting in the second (or at least 3rd/4th) best car on the grid and he just isn't doing enough with it...

Kasser - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 12:15 AM

@bjr

do you really think MW is at risk of his seat??

I think Red Bull have enjoyed SV having a little more breathing space from his number 2.

Thats why Massa and Alonso are such good team mates.

I would love to see MW do well next season and beat his team mate, but he has alot to improve on based on 2011.

Essexredneck

November 29, 2011 7:07 AM

Webber's comment reminds me of a businessman putting a "positive spin" on a poor set of sales figures.
In the old days the driver would have just been honest and said that he inherited the win, which is what happened.

1 2  »